Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

If the 100k figure is accurate (a big 'if'), then he and his representatives aren't playing hardball: they know we'll never pay him that are are engineering a move away for him. 

It's a real shame that the brightest youngsters in the game are having poison dripped in their ears like this: he has so much potential but perhaps first proving some of the potential first in an adult game of football would be a good idea.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Footballer insider.

Seriously mate.

I know, but they have called a number of things before anyone else also. They were the first to call Jack to citeh, first to say Smith was under pressure and before the bad form even started. Everyone thought that was bs but the statement after his sacking pretty much confirmed this. First to say Gerrard was taking over.

Highly decorated at England youth level, sort after by Barca amongst others at the top of the European game, a few solid if uninspiring first team appearances under his belt to build on, seen as the future of the England midfield, deeply religious and uses that as a focus to drive his career. Anyway, enough about John Bostock circa 2008, what's going on with Carney?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

None of that is remotely true. 

I think the first bit has some credence......don't know about the second bit.

I have no insight into what Carney is being advised to do, but I do have a fairly decent scriptural knowledge due to my traditional upbringing in the 1950's.

I wonder whether the issue clouding this contractual disagreement is down to Tithing. Pastors (especially a couple of well known Nigerians) have become very rich by insisting on this practice.

Tithing is the biblical instruction that a proportion of a persons income should be given to the church. These Pastors quote the book of Malachi in the Old Testament saying if you're not giving your tithes to them you are disobeying God. They say that if you obey all the rest of God's laws, but fail to pay a tithe (usually a tenth of your income) to the church, then the gates of heaven will be closed to you.

I really hope that Carney isn't being used as a Pastor's cash machine.

This isn't an accusation, it's just a concern I have because of reading about how devout he his. I hope I'm totally wrong for CC's sake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Wage wise 40k top is what carney should be getting. He has achieved  nothing yet.

Who knows if he wants 100k or not? But it wouldn't suprise me. Greeds rife in the game these days

The top youth at Arsenal are capped at £30k /wk.   

I would say we shouldn’t be paying more than that for our best prospects.

• Like 1

If he had his head screwed on he could sign what we offer him on just a 2 year extension and if he smashes it he can get a new contract either with us or with one of these superpowers he believes he belongs at. Just seems to me that he’ll be warming somebody elses bench instead of ours atm

If, and it's a massive if, there was any truth in this whatsoever then not only would I obviously say he can do one, I'd also suggest he won't make it as a top quality footballer at all.

At this age, with the limited experience he has, he's at best got poor taste in advisors or, at worst, is fully deluded and focussed purely on money. This isn't some final payday at the end of your playing contract, this is show your quality on then pitch and then earn the big contract. People don't get stuck on 'low' value contracts if they're pulling up trees.

If this is about money, let him go. If this is about guaranteed playing time, let him go. If this is about wanting a better footballing education or a fresh start or whatever, then I have no issue with it. Basically, he just needs to go now in my opinion as I'm not getting worked up over a kid who's done next to nothing in his career so far. Potential counts for very little.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â