Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

In all serious: I'm sure the club are trying their best to keep him

Advantages of of staying at Villa:A
Comfortable  (knows the players/friends)
In the first team
Opportunity's for plenty of minutes
Pathway to break into the starting 11
Gets to learn of one of the greatest PL midfielders of all time- Steven Gerrard
More chance of breaking into the England U21 and National team 

Cons of moving to the clubs linked:
Out of Comfort zone  (New language if goes abroad or moves to Liverpool)
No guarantee of first team football 
No pathway to the first team 
Possibly needs to be loaned out for the next few years

Advantages of leaving Villa:
Agent gets a mega payout (The biggest reason of why he leaving Villa)
He gets a bigger payout (2nd reason he would leave Villa)
Possibly get to move to a 'Bigger' side (Barca, Man United, Liverpool etc etc) and looks good in his Instagram profile without ever breaking into the first team
Gets more hype without even playing (Arsenal fans etc)
Can learn a new language and experience a new country 

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably, but it's certainy not *impossible* that a club will try to get him now if they think they'd be less likely to get him next year. From the player's perspective, it might not make much financial difference and would presumably be the difference between some first team game time and being a sub for our U21s.

But even if that's the case, I can't see it being a bidding war. I also think it would make financial difference for him. Don't players on a free tend to get paid more? 

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But even if that's the case, I can't see it being a bidding war. I also think it would make financial difference for him. Don't players on a free tend to get paid more? 

Only if they are top-level players who hold the whip hand in contract negotiations. Maybe Carney would, maybe he wouldn't, but he's all potential not current ability.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jesus he can't even get the basics right.

I know how it sounds - and I say this knowing that coverage in the UK is not up to much either - but, seriously, I've never seen anything remotely insightful about football from a Nigerian.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Only if they are top-level players who hold the whip hand in contract negotiations. Maybe Carney would, maybe he wouldn't, but he's all potential not current ability.

Don't have to be a top level player. If lots of clubs are bidding for your services, you'll have power to raise your demands.That just tends to happen more with top level players.

I can't say I've seen what's putting this lad on the radar of the continent's elite, to be honest, but if he doesn't want to be here, get to **** 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Do Barcelona have £20m?

They've got unlimited cash for acquisitions, just not for paying their players, apparently.

Edited by Davkaus

11 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Move this tool to other football 

Why is he a tool?

Either he's after more minutes and a better path to first team football or more money, which is what every single one of us would do if we were in his shoes. Don't be fooled into thinking any other player in the squad is any different to Carney, if there's better opportunities out there they are all taking it. 

• Like 4

Â