Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

The secretscout is about as reliable as you can get with regards to youth players, they're not primarily a tranfer account or whatever, but when they do post about transfer moves I don't think I've ever seen them get it wrong, they get their information straight from the players/agents, as have built up a rapport with them over the years from promoting youth football.

First time I've been convinced that he's probably pretty much gone, unfortunately when teams like Liverpool, Barcelona, Man Utd, and whoever else show an interest in a young eighteen year old then it's going to be an uphill task to keep them, as unless they happen to be a Villa fan which luckily is the case with quite a few of our youth players, they're going to see that as a massive step up.

Not a good look to lose our best player of the last twenty or thirty years last summer, maybe one of the best players we've ever had, and then to lose our best academy product in a generation  the following summer, it will look even worse if we don't follow it up with a good season, otherwise we will be a team that can't keep it's best talents and finishes midtable at best.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

The secretscout is about as reliable as you can get with regards to youth players, they're not primarily a tranfer account or whatever, but when they do post about transfer moves I don't think I've ever seen them get it wrong, they get their information straight from the players/agents, as have built up a rapport with them over the years from promoting youth football.

First time I've been convinced that he's probably pretty much gone, unfortunately when teams like Liverpool, Barcelona, Man Utd, and whoever else show an interest in a young eighteen year old then it's going to be an uphill task to keep them, as unless they happen to be a Villa fan which luckily is the case with quite a few of our youth players, they're going to see that as a massive step up.

Not a good look to lose our best player of the last twenty or thirty years last summer, maybe one of the best players we've ever had, and then to lose our best academy product in a generation  the following summer, it will look even worse if we don't follow it up with a good season, otherwise we will be a team that can't keep it's best talents and finishes midtable at best.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Well, we've done a pretty good job, with all the others that we've wanted to keep.

but equally, they can't take the club hostage, with demands the club, can't promise.

He has it all to do, in mens football and all the clubs interested in him, have nothing to lose.

If Carney goes for next to nothing, which I suspect will be the case....it will be interesting to see how much financial commitment they offer him.....if its all geared to incentives/promises, he could be making a mistake.

Edited by TRO

9 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Personally, I think atheists display the most astonishing faith in denying incredible evidence for the existence of God.  Given how life seems to fly by, none of us has long to wait to be proved right or wrong.

Anyhow, my actual point is this.  If Carney's priorities in life and way of making decisions depend on his sincerely held beliefs, that does not make him a nut-job.  

The very idea and notion of a God is man-made.

God didn't create anything, yet we created God.

We incorrectly use God to fill in the blanks of that we find challenging or merely do not understand.

As there is no tangible proof for Gods, fairies, Voodoo magic, reptilian overlords etc are the people who believe in them sane?

Sincerely held beliefs can be dangerous, illogical and/or without premise such as the aforesaid tangible evidence argument.

If we rely upon a supernatural force rather than logic to make sound judgment calls I'd affirm that to be a 'nut-job'.

31 minutes ago, useless said:

This is true. One of the few accounts on twitter whose tweets actually mean something. Shit.

Having said that, I will be bombarding the account with abuse whether he stays or not now. If he stays, the secret scout is a fraud. And if he goes the secret scout has helped to sell him.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We incorrectly use God to fill in the blanks of that we find challenging or merely do not understand.

As there is no tangible proof for Gods, fairies, Voodoo magic, reptilian overlords etc are the people who believe in them sane?

Sincerely held beliefs can be dangerous, illogical and/or without premise such as the aforesaid tangible evidence argument.

If we rely upon a supernatural force rather than logic to make sound judgment calls I'd affirm that to be a 'nut-job'.

Well I wasn't expecting this in the Carney thread.... but, agreed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the end of the day do we really want this type of player at the end who lauds over some type of superiority? He can go to these other clubs and not play football, even if he did sign for Villa, if he came good, he'd still be out the door like Grealish.

As someone already said, there's little risk for these other teams to sign him, none of them would be in for 20 million.

He thinks he's bigger and better than the club...bye!

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looking at his Instagram nearly every other posts is a thanks to god, gods plan, god guiding him etc.   

I have no problem with that but I’m telling you this lad is being massively influenced by somebody in the decisions he is making.  It feels a bit excessive for somebody so young. 

I can understand why he has been kept away from the rest of the squad. 

Bank of God

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not even close to ITK but friends of mine who both have relatives within the academy set up, seem to think its common knowledge at BMH that he's signing for Dortmund in January and that this has been sorted for a while now ? 

26 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Not even close to ITK but friends of mine who both have relatives within the academy set up, seem to think its common knowledge at BMH that he's signing for Dortmund in January and that this has been sorted for a while now ? 

Possibly why the final decision has been reluctantly taken by the club.

I'm assuming they tried all they could to keep him to no avail and decided to just try to cut losses.

20 mill plus Gallagher to Chelsea? 👀

On a serious note though, if the club know that he legit plans to just agree a contract with Dortmund in January and leave on a free, even more reason to drop him to the Under 8's. Lol

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm not with the organised religion thing at all, but I defo think their are arguments for a " creator " , " creative energy " or " higher power ", Good/Evil, Dark energy etc 

Those incredible new images of the universe, even have me thinking it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that our " books " are simply " Earth's story ", and that other galaxies, planets etc might have their own.

Basically, even if we go by scientific basis, the big bang etc, what came before it? Can something come from nothing?

Unfortunately, alot of religious people seem to miss the baseline of all these books - " Don't be a word removed " . Lol

A discussion for another thread, have we got one in Off Topic?

Ayuahuasca or Shrooms thread?

Anyway I get your point, no clue why I went so far off topic, got no one to talk to and it's late 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Yeah let’s forget about the fact that we’ve signed Coutinho, Digne and Kamara, as well as others and focus on the fact that we lost a player 12 months ago to the best and richest team in the country and now potentially an academy player to Barcelona.

Shame he will be leaving, and potentially on a free. This has been festering for over a year, so it's not like Villa left this until the last minute.  We tried to extend the agreement over 2 years before the termination date. Can't do anything if a player and his representatives are hell bent on running down their contract. 

4 hours ago, useless said:

My worry is that we're unlikely to see anyone break through from the academy whilst SG is in charge. Even with nine subs being named next season, how many will actually get a game?

• Haha 2

Why would that be a concern? Gerrard has played Ramsey consistently and given game time to Tim and Carney. 

He even spoke about the importance of it as he was a home grown player himself. If they are good enough, they will play, regardless of their age.

Let’s not conflate Carney’s position with the rest of our youth teams prospects. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If you replace the words "God" and "supernatural force" with Talksport it still works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â