Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've seen him compared to Paul Pogba over the last couple of years.

I can finally see why.

Let's hope we don't sign him in 4 years time for £80m and let him leave on a free again.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I back SG’s stance but it’s also not going to help/improve the situation really is it? In terms of changing his mind anyway.

Maybe there IS no helping/improving the situation or changing his mind, hence the stance.

As has been noted, his agent straight up said he wouldn't be signing a new deal ages ago.

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If you don't want to commit to Aston Villa, then why should Aston Villa commit to you?

That's what it comes down to. He isn't the first to think the grass is greener and I doubt he'll be the last. 

He and the club committed to a 3 year contract.  He's now told unless he signs a new contract beyond that, he has to stay at home with a year left still on what they had all agreed.  I don't see how anyone can get punished for just wanting to fulfil their contract.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

He and the club committed to a 3 year contract.  He's now told unless he signs a new contract beyond that, he has to stay at home with a year left still on what they had all agreed.  I don't see how anyone can get punished for just wanting to fulfil their contract.

He can fulfill his contract... in the U23s.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I get he is 2 years older but even JJ when he was first breaking through you could see had potential.  He always looked a goal threadt but he had confidence issues in front of goal. Now he looks like he had grabbed the bull by the horns and smashed it.

I dont think chucks close to JJs level personally 

It was widely agreed that in JJ's first season he looked uninspiring, kind of like Chuk last season, which is to be expected of a first time playing competitive men's football. The encouraging thing was that they both held their own, which isn't to be sniffed at.

I don't see much difference between their trajectories apart from the fact that Chuk is doing it a year earlier. He also clearly has more talent than JJ did at that age. His touch, weight of passing and vision are all well beyond his years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Good to see pretty much every take I've seen on this issue from fans across all platforms have been on the club's side. They are doing things right. Carney knows exactly what the story is. I'm sure there are things we're not completely au fait with from the outside but from what we know and what the club are doing and saying, they're doing it right. The contract is there. You are getting minutes on the pitch. You are not a starter yet. The club can't bend over backwards. They've done enough and won't be made to grovel by an 18 year old.

I think the club have likely realised the "game time" was not the crux of the issue as we've given him a lot of game time since Gerrard took over. The "game time" was clearly a tactic from Carney and his team to help put him in the shop window for a move to a club he feels are better for him than Villa. That's likely the situation we are now in and the club are doing what is best for the club (and us as fans) by bringing this to a head now. To force the decision from Carney and his team. Sign the contract we've offered, find a new club to bid for you or take a year off football and sign for a club when your contract expires.

• Like 2

You could tell the promise that Ramsey had in his first season, it's not easy for an academy player to step up from U23 football to Premier League football and look as competent as he did, and same for Chukwuemeka in the little game time that he had last season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He committed in writing and is rightly being financially rewarded for that commitment. It seems he no longer wants to commit in mind and body, hence the decision to leave him at BH.

I think a few here have made a good point about us doing a lot to show we want him to stay with us, I mean signing his brother is quite a big testament to that. The fact we have waited since Autumn to get a decision, Dean Smith probably tried a lot during his time here and we all know Gerrard has probably spoken to him. You'd guess that our bigger players have all had chats and even his agemates. It is what it is, we done everything and now we are here.

I don't think Carney's camp is bothered if he doesn't play until next summer, I think it benefits them a bit as well. A lot of youth players especially highly rated ones are/will do the same thing if the end goal means they get to the team they want to be on.

My reading on this is, that he’s shopping about, seeing what deals are out there for him. I don’t particularly think he’s looking for the exit door just yet… but the more offers come it, the more attractive leaving is.

We are a good club for young talent right now, but the more (better) senior players we sign the harder it is to break through. A player like him, on the cusp of making our fist 11, would be a smidge demoralised  when the club is actively seeking “improvements” in his position.

If he does go, The Uncle Phil gif is waiting, if he stays happy days…

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe there IS no helping/improving the situation or changing his mind, hence the stance.

As has been noted, his agent straight up said he wouldn't be signing a new deal ages ago.

Agreed, I should have pointed that out really 😆

Thanks for clarifying, kind of what I meant.

His profile gone massive the last few weeks. Talksport, Athletic,  Barca + Arsenal Links, Fabrizio Romano, 250 pages on some forum called VillaTalk
His agent must be loving this. Becoming bigger than Villa?

Edited by messi11

Â