Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

On 26/05/2022 at 11:33, Steero113 said:

I'm sure he was likely carrying a niggle, but he proper shit the bed like a 4 year old girl in that game it was embarrassing. 

Never know, he might’ve been passed a message “you’re going off, go down injured so it’s not embarrassing.”

11 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Would someone so young and unproven even someone this talented risk running his contract down and leave on a free? 

Didn't we have another Academy prospect ditch us for Arsenal on a free years back?  I can't even mind his name so just shows how his career went.  

1 hour ago, Newry_Villan said:

Didn't we have another Academy prospect ditch us for Arsenal on a free years back?  I can't even mind his name so just shows how his career went.  

Danny Crowley - see he’s back playing in Holland 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Crowley_(footballer)

Though I don’t want Carney to leave if he does and goes on to become the player we hope he’ll be, So be it and won’t begrudge him. 

Yes that move really worked out for Danny Crowley. Carney isn’t even the best young player at Villa Park so good luck at Barcelona where he won’t speak the language and will spend large amounts of time in the early days at least largely isolated from those around him. I can’t see Barcelona buying his brother to keep him company.

1 minute ago, smg said:

Yes that move really worked out for Danny Crowley. Carney isn’t even the best young player at Villa Park so good luck at Barcelona where he won’t speak the language and will spend large amounts of time in the early days at least largely isolated from those around him. I can’t see Barcelona buying his brother to keep him company.

The brother thing is more common in Europe. Kaka brother and Seedorf best mate were hired by AC Milan for ages and Schweinsteigers brother was signed by Bayern Munich 

We didn't buy Caleb just for Carney, he's a promising player in his own right, one the best for our u23s before his loan. Also pretty sure the Barcelona stuff with Carney was just bulls***.

On 31/05/2022 at 18:21, Zatman said:

The brother thing is more common in Europe. Kaka brother and Seedorf best mate were hired by AC Milan for ages and Schweinsteigers brother was signed by Bayern Munich 

Milan had Donnarumma's brother as well. Chelsea signed Throgan Hazard at the same time as Eden and later the younger brother Kylian. Anderlecht signed both Lukaku and his brother as youth players.

On 31/05/2022 at 17:21, Zatman said:

Years ago we signed Brian Little’s brother Alan. Brian was quite a nervous young man and Alan was brought in to help him settle. I’m not sure Alan ever made the first team, perhaps once or twice. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Years ago we signed Brian Little’s brother Alan. Brian was quite a nervous young man and Alan was brought in to help him settle. I’m not sure Alan ever made the first team, perhaps once or twice. 

Think we did the same with Neil Rioch, Bruce's younger brother.

• Like 2

Â