Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The worry should be that the likes of city don't need to poach him when he's 16 to 18

They can leave him with us and come back when he's 24 with 150+ games under his belt and requires zero development or risk from them 

So instead of getting him for free they can pay £60m?

11 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We have tried to tie him down to a new contract. All of our other youth that we want to keep have signed. Unfortunately Carney hasnt . Ultimately it is not our decision. 

He is in the middle of his contract with a big chunk of it still to run. Nobody knows if he has been offered an new deal or is refusing to sign. People are just believing the usual internet crap. Maybe he’s just enjoying the development process with the club and a new deal will be discussed nearer the end of his current one.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In 5/6 years time once we've done all the donkey work and the risk of him coming good has gone? 

Yep

I mean, that would be great for us, we'd get a hefty fee for him.  But i'm not sure City or Liverpool etc would see it that way.  If they can get him on the cheap now or for free, they will.

4 minutes ago, Dadster23 said:

He is in the middle of his contract with a big chunk of it still to run. Nobody knows if he has been offered an new deal or is refusing to sign. People are just believing the usual internet crap. Maybe he’s just enjoying the development process with the club and a new deal will be discussed nearer the end of his current one.

He has 12 months left, he can talk to other clubs and sign a pre-contract in 6 months.  Hardly a big chunk still to run.

Getting him a loan would be ideal for Carney but not good for the club. He gets to play football and put himself in the shop window before his contract ends.

Plus it would extinguish any chance of convincing him there's a first team path for him here. He already believes we're more likely to just keep buying players than play him. Bringing in midfielders and pushing him out on loan proves him right.

Either we play him and hope he signs. Or bomb him out in the hope he signs. But he isn't going to, he's been doing this dance for 3 years, this'll finally be the last one.

Edited by HalfTimePost

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I mean, that would be great for us, we'd get a hefty fee for him.  But i'm not sure City or Liverpool etc would see it that way.  If they can get him on the cheap now or for free, they will.

Is he really good enough for the likes of City and Liverpool to be interested? He’s hardly on levels that Foden and Elliot were at the same age. 

I like him and hope he stays but I think we’re overhyping him a bit.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is he really good enough for the likes of City and Liverpool to be interested? He’s hardly on levels that Foden and Elliot were at the same age. 

I like him and hope he stays but I think we’re overhyping him a bit.

No idea, was just using them as an example.  He has been linked with Arsenal and Barcelona though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dadster23 said:

Really ? .. so so poor 

Would like him to sign a new deal and then immediately go on a season long loan to get minutes and experience under his belt. 

who knows why or what is holding up the contract talks but I hope it’s resolved either way soon

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Would like him to sign a new deal and then immediately go on a season long loan to get minutes and experience under his belt. 
who knows why or what is holding up the contract talks but I hope it’s resolved either way soon

The problem with that is that it confirms there is no immediate path to the first team for him at the minute if he has to go out on loan to get a run in the first team, which may convince him that he's better off signing for someone else who will guarantee him first team minutes.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The problem with that is that it confirms there is no immediate path to the first team for him at the minute if he has to go out on loan to get a run in the first team, which may convince him that he's better off signing for someone else who will guarantee him first team minutes.

He’d be looking at moving to a newly promoted club then if it’s more first team minutes he is after whilst remaining in this league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I assume his team would reject the idea but do a 6 month loan with Norwich? Get some regular games under your belt and dominate.

Would be a riskier move by Villa. Looks a star in them 6 months, Liverpool poach him for free next summer for about 3 million at a tribunal

Liverpool for example I think paid 4 million for Carvalho from Fulham in the same situation 

Just now, Zatman said:

I think Carney will be the first and probably wont be the last casualty in the clubs swift mid season move from develop organically to win now mode we are now in

Considering how many minutes he was given last season this is clearly not the case.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’d be looking at moving to a newly promoted club then if it’s more first team minutes he is after whilst remaining in this league. 

Or a move to Germany.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Considering how many minutes he was given last season this is clearly not the case.

He played 60 minutes in just one game he was involved and made 2 starts from 40 available 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played 60 minutes in just one game he was involved and made 2 starts from 40 available 

He played 294 minutes in the league. Only one 18 year old played more in the league last season and that was a Southampton player.

Do you think he should have played a lot more?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â