Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

It is impossible at this stage to know how he will turn out.

He has shown flashes of what he can do without making significant impact, which is to be expected from a player of his age.

A loan to the CH might have been a better option this season. Perhaps the manager or his agent think he is too good to go out on loan.

He certainly seems to have talent, but needs another year behind him.

On 16/02/2022 at 15:06, VillaParkAvenue said:

From what I’ve heard, Carney’s best mate at the club is JPB. Do they have the same agent? It looks to me as those two are the biggest talents currently, and it would be pretty shit if both refused to extend contracts and ended up at Dortmund.

Pretty sure Philogene-bidace has already extended. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, YLN said:

According to transfermarkt.co.uk he's not injured. Just not in squad. Another Rushian Hepburn Murphy 

I think he has a much higher chance of making it, but a lot of our fans definitely overrate him for where he is. It's only a concern for me if people around him are telling him the same stuff.

It's important for these young guys to remember they've not made it until...well, they actually make it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YLN said:

According to transfermarkt.co.uk he's not injured. Just not in squad. Another Rushian Hepburn Murphy 

https://www.footballfancast.com/aston-villa-news/aston-villa-gerrard-chukwuemeka-premier-league-injury-update-news-avfc-villa-park

Gerrard told the press: “Carney will miss tomorrow’s game, he’s got an outside chance of being involved against Leeds. He’s back out on the pitch, clearing one or two things before he comes back into full training, hopefully on Monday.”

• Like 1

On 06/03/2022 at 20:29, OutByEaster? said:

Third youngest player to appear in the Premier league this season.

I'd like to see a contract sorted and I think we need to remember he'll still be a teenager in 19 months time.

I assume there is less reasons for him to stay now as we now play with one 10 so there is one less slot for him. He really is an 8, especially in revised system and if we lose Luiz or move on Sanson then Chuk should be one of the four 8s. 

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I assume there is less reasons for him to stay now as we now play with one 10 so there is one less slot for him. He really is an 8, especially in revised system and if we lose Luiz or move on Sanson then Chuk should be one of the four 8s. 

We won’t always play with one 10 🤦🏿,  we’ve taken a Striker off in both of our last wins,  just because we’ve set up a certain way one week doesn’t mean it’s set in stone for the rest of Gerrard’s tenure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

We won’t always play with one 10 🤦🏿,  we’ve taken a Striker off in both of our last wins,  just because we’ve set up a certain way one week doesn’t mean it’s set in stone for the rest of Gerrard’s tenure. 

Agreed, I do think the biggest change has actually been how the 8s and full backs operate. We've not seen that change with the two 10s system

On 06/03/2022 at 01:03, Sam-AVFC said:

I think he has a much higher chance of making it, but a lot of our fans definitely overrate him for where he is. It's only a concern for me if people around him are telling him the same stuff.

It's important for these young guys to remember they've not made it until...well, they actually make it.

The impression I get ( and thats all it is) he is the chairman of his own fan club.....The other academy stars, seem to just get on with it and adhere to the club.

I am no student of Academy football and OBE and SGC will put me right here.......but I see James McAtee- Luke Abete-Tabu- Conrad Egan-Bailey looking comfortable in a Champions league fixture at c 19 years old as impressive......sure its easier in a team like them, but their first touch is quality and McAtee showed glimpses of a real star with his control and composure.....Cole Palmer is another Man cIty academy graduate, that impresses me, too.

First sight of Tim Iroegbunam, left me with comfort, looks good on the ball....and I'm just hoping our lads come back from their respective loan clubs more polished......Cam Archer, is doing his career no harm scoring in nearly every game, that is a great sign.

Carney needs to knuckle down and concentrate on his football, but I have a suspicion, he has another agenda away from Villa Park......has he got Jude Bellingham stuck in his sights?

You have to earn your way in to the first team, there is no benevolence in elite football.

Edited by TRO

Ramsey got his breakthrough when we had a much weaker squad. I think Carney just wants to play for a team who will play him regularly in the first team, starting games so he can develop. He looks at Villas first team who have Bailey, Buendia, Traore and Sanson on the bench. In summer Archer is back and we'll sign a Bissouma hopefully. So then Luiz is now on bench with him.

Even getting on a Villa bench will be very difficult

Â