Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That is not the discussion. You said he would play every week. I doubt that very much.

Nothing to do with how good Dortmund are at developing youngsters.

That's what they do though.

Just look at Sancho and Bellingham.

Age is just a number for them. And their whole strategy revolves around developing youngsters and turn them into superstars, then they sell them on huge profit.

He may not start every game initially, but he would undoubtedly play more than he does here, and over time he would become a starter.

I'm desperate for Carney to stay but you can't knock a kid for wanting to play, and if he feels he has to move to achieve that then I will respect that. Your footballing career is a short one, have to make the most of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

That's what they do though.

Just look at Sancho and Bellingham.

Age is just a number for them. And their whole strategy revolves around developing youngsters and turn them into superstars, then they sell them on huge profit.

He may not start every game initially, but he would undoubtedly play more than he does here, and over time he would become a starter.

I'm desperate for Carney to stay but you can't knock a kid for wanting to play, and if he feels he has to move to achieve that then I will respect that. Your footballing career is a short one, have to make the most of it.

So you have changed your mind.

You now agree that he will be in the same situation with them as he is with us.

• Like 3

I doubt it, I've seen him do that to his instagram several times in the past, in fact I remember him doing it not long before he signed his last deal - Although not saying that's what's going to happen here.

• Like 1

Tbh if he turns down Villa, that’s totally fine and it’s his prerogative BUT what would worry me is the advice he’s being given. What’s he expecting? a starting place somewhere? He does realise he’s still just a youth prospect? I guess there’s the possibility that Man City might pick him up - but then what? Just be flipped for £10m down the line for a quick FFP buck then fade into obscurity like so many before him?

If he really doesn’t believe that this is the best place for him to progress and become a starter and then, if he really wants to, leave for the big boys, he’s nuts. Or, per my opening, incredibly badly advised by people that want to make a quick buck at his expense. 

Maybe “feel sorry for” is wrong, but IF his current attitude is as reported then I think his career is already over before it began as a result of bad advice and having an ego massaged at a young and impressionable age.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kevpants said:

I'm getting a bad feeling about this guy. A sense of entitlement. It doesn't bode well.

Contrast that with Jacob Ramsey. Enthusiastic about every chance he gets and when he's subbed off early or starts as a sub he accepts it and waits for his next chance.

I think Carney is the better player. Hope this doesn't end how I think it will.

I do agree with your post but will defend him a bit. It’s the kind of “they know not what they do” vibe if we want to go all Christian. It’s what I’m trying to get at (badly) in my above post - I’m sure he does have the sense of entitlement you refer to but he’s so young that I think that’s coming from how he is being manipulated.

I could be totally wrong and he could just be a massive bellend irrespective of the places he’s being pulled by various sources. 

• Like 1

I don't think he'd be guaranteed games at dortmund, the set up from a few years back that rotated a lot meaning that the likes of sancho broke through has gone, the reality is Bellingham is getting a lot of game because he's an exceptional talent, if you're then chucking Haaland in to the bracket of young player and saying "dortmund give youth a chance" of course they do they'd be the best 2 young players in world football... Even when you chuck in mukouko he's such an obvious talent that of course they play him 

They also have a lot of options in midfield depending on where they would play him, they play a mixture of 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 with the 2 or 3 coming from Witsel, Bellingham, dahoud, can, sometimes brandt, then reyna has been injured for a while now, I think Witsel might be near the end of his contract and I personally don't rate dahoud but he is capped for Germany, can is also old so they do need midfielders, they have one decent prospect already in CM 18 year old lukte frie so maybe they'll see him as the one they want to bring through rather than get someone else but if he was there this season I don't think he'd play over the older heads and definitely not over Bellingham 

Dortmund also have another good English prospect they got from man City, 17 year old winger binoe gittens but he doesn't play for the 1st team or get any fuss over him, he's not part of this give youth a chance stuff (yet) 

• Like 1

If he does go, then I suspect it will be to a club in London, Manchester or Liverpool, rather than to one in Germany. His first team prospects are unlikely to be any better and his development will not be improved by spending time on one of those clubs benches, rather than on ours. These clubs see an opportunity to steal a player for next to nothing. If he comes good for them, then that is a win, as is selling him on for a profit in a couple of years. His bank balance and that of his agent, may increase in the short term, but Crowley shows that leaving us isn't always the wisest of choices. Now isn't the time to jump ship, we are a club that players want to join and making the opposite decision, would be a strange decision to make. 

• Like 1

This is obviously guesswork from me but I think he will see how this season goes and then sign a contract in the summer. I think people panicking way too early about his contract situation, he's still got eighteen months left on his current deal, it kind of makes sense for him to wait before signing an extention, although I think Gerrard's comments are in part perhaps an attempt to get him to commit to us sooner.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Not going to link to some fake ITK accounts posting rubbish, but I trust the club will do its utmost to keep him. Still plenty of time to flesh out a new contract and give him the game time he craves. 

Let's hope we don't Chuckwumeka out with the bath water

• Like 2

Â