Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder if he'll be given a chance to play as one of the two 10's (probably alongside Buendia) in the near future? 

A line up like this....

--------------------Watkins---------------------
------------Carney-------Buendia-----------
--------Luiz--------------------McGinn-------
------------------Nakamba---------------------

I think this is exactly where his immediate opportunity is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As good as Nakamba has been, I'd still like to see Luiz at the base of a three and then two no 10's in front of that 3. I think it could work well. 

I've never been too impressed with Luiz in his defensive duties, tbh. I mean, he's not been bad, but he hasn't been good enough that I'd change a winning formula. I'm staggered by Marv's performances so at this point I'd very much be thinking "if it ain't broke.."

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I've never been too impressed with Luiz in his defensive duties, tbh. I mean, he's not been bad, but he hasn't been good enough that I'd change a winning formula. I'm staggered by Marv's performances so at this point I'd very much be thinking "if it ain't broke.."

Yeh, it's a fair point. It is hard to drop Marvelous. 

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As good as Nakamba has been, I'd still like to see Luiz at the base of a three and then two no 10's in front of that 3. I think it could work well. 

I like Luiz's work at the moment, he turns tight situations to our advantage wide and links up well with the front 3. Not sure him being back in Nakamba's position will bring out the best in him.

• Like 3

On 02/12/2021 at 03:10, Farlz said:

My god it would’ve been actual carnage if he put that chance away. What a moment it could’ve been. 

Didn't watch the game so can’t comment on his cameo but I’m encouraged that Gerrard decided to trust him in a game like this. 

Massive vote of confidence ....and he acquitted himself well, he really is on the fringes now.

On 06/12/2021 at 11:41, useless said:

Languid meaning:

'(of a person, manner, or gesture) having or showing a disinclination for physical exertion or effort.'

That isn't Chukwuemeka at all.

black Villa player labelled languid/lazy shocker

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

black Villa player labelled languid/lazy shocker

Is this common? I have only ever heard one Villa player labelled languid and that was Crouch

Many have been called lazy 

On 06/12/2021 at 16:41, Delphinho123 said:

I think Luiz and McGinn will both be better if they are not at the base of a three.  Good as Nakamba has been our priority has to be to get that position sorted.  Luiz and McGinn will immediately become better because they are playing their natural roles / positions and if they don't then their places come under threat.  I think it also means that JJ and Sanson have clear "targets" in terms of forcing their way into the starting line-up.  Meanwhile Nakamba has definitely done enough to deserve his place on the bench and again a very clear path for competing for a starting jersey.  Also means that (depending who exactly we bring in) the concept of a new DM player / Nakamba / McGinn type central three when we are up against it really doesn't seem horrific - although it might put us at risk of losing the connection with the front three.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is this common? I have only ever heard one Villa player labelled languid and that was Crouch

Many have been called lazy 

Languid is a synonym for lazy (and lazy has already been used in this thread)

It's something I've written about before on here. Only black players ever seem to get labelled as lazy by football fans (including VillaTalk and at Villa Park)

Benteke, Ayew, Carew, Onomah, Wesley, Gestede are all names who spring to mind who have been labelled as lazy consistently. I find it amazing that Carney has already attracted the label after only a few appearances 

I honestly cannot think of a single white player who has been labelled lazy. They just "lack pace" or are "slow"

I'm not calling anybody racist by the way, I'm not saying anyone who has called Carney lazy or languid is racist.

It's just a quirk that I think is subconsciously instilled in a lot of people

FWIW I haven't seen anything to suggest Carney is lazy or languid so I'm not really sure where it's coming from

Edited by Stevo985
  • Confused 4

42 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He reminds me of Yaya Touré.

Why, because he's black?!

I'm sick of you lot!

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's something I've written about before on here. Only black players ever seem to get labelled as lazy by football fans (including VillaTalk and at Villa Park)

Benteke, Ayew, Carew, Onomah, Wesley, Gestede are all names who spring to mind who have been labelled as lazy consistently. I find it amazing that Carney has already attracted the label after only a few appearances 

I honestly cannot think of a single white player who has been labelled lazy. They just "lack pace" or are "slow"

I'm not calling anybody racist by the way, I'm not saying anyone who has called Carney lazy or languid is racist.

FWIW I haven't seen anything to suggest Carney is lazy or languid so I'm not really sure where it's coming from

Jesus Christ man, when I think of " Languid " ( Lanky ? ) , I think of Long limbed, slim and gliding, long strides, appearing slower in motion due to limbs etc.

How do some of you manage to bring race into absolutely everything?

Languid etc could be levelled at almost any tall, slim person with a certain type of movement!

Insert " Infinite Facepalm " here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Savo was languid wasn't he. 

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why, because he's black?!

I'm sick of you lot!

Jesus Christ man, when I think of " Languid " ( Lanky ? ) , I think of Long limbed, slim and gliding, long strides, appearing slower in motion due to limbs etc.

How do some of you manage to bring race into absolutely everything?

Languid etc could be levelled at almost any tall, slim person with a certain type of movement!

Insert " Infinite Facepalm " here.

Languid literally means lazy. 

And you're right, it could be levelled at almost any tall, slim person with a certain type of movement. Yet it isn't

I won't post about it anymore as it's not fair to clog up this thread. I didn't intend to spark a discussion, just something interesting I've noticed.

Apologies for steering things off topic. Feel free to PM me if anyone wants to continue the discussion

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Languid literally means lazy. 

And you're right, it could be levelled at almost any tall, slim person with a certain type of movement. Yet it isn't

Usain Bolt has been described as having a " Languid " running style ( Because he's black, or because he's unorthodox, tall and lanky, for a sprinter, taking strides which look slower/leisurely ) , and whilst " Languid " can mean  " Lazy " there are many other contexts it can be used in, which i'm sure it is being used in... here.

Redknapp: Aston Villa's languid Grealish similar to ex-Liverpool ace McManaman

'He is quick but has a languid style, like Steve McManaman. When he drops his shoulder he sends defenders so far the other way they almost have to pay to get back in.'

Redknapp: Aston Villa's languid Grealish similar to ex-Liverpool ace McManaman - Tribal Football

Come on man!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â