Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

26 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Rumors have been circulating for weeks about our front office team has been talking with Juve about transfers and he fits all the other requirements (premier league experience, done it all before, shocking fans, etc.)

Going with that criteria it takes it down to 4 players in the Juventus team.

Ronaldo, Ramsey, Higűain, Szczęsny.

Ronaldo - Done it all, wow! but I doubt it he will be coming here.

Ramsey - It would shock me if we do sign him as his career in England wasn't much and Juve signed him in a free a year ago on a crazy wage. No thanks!

Higuain - Too old and on the verge of possibly joining Inter Miami.

Szczęsny - I think he meets the criteria above the most and we're looking for a goalkeeper. Would be not a bad signing.

Outside of these and going against the run of play, If I had a £1 to pick another player from Juventus I would take a punt on Federico Bernardeschi.

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

Suat Serdar at Schalke. 23y. 4 caps for Germany. Played in the Champions League the season before last.

The addition of a new central midfielder would add another needed dimension (and thus more depth) to the team.

A few people mentioned him as a better option when we thought we were in for McKennie. Would Schalke sell them both in the same window? I read they needed to raise money so the loan to buy deal with Juve for WM seemed a strange one. 

1 minute ago, MrSmirch said:

the first 4 plus pasalic and kampl have all done it in the champions league. not necessarily won but certainly looked the part in the latter stages 

Nainggolan was on obscene wages over here, gone back to Inter, big question marks over how arsed he might be to actually play football at 100% of his ability.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

A few people mentioned him as a better option when we thought we were in for McKennie. Would Schalke sell them both in the same window? I read they needed to raise money so the loan to buy deal with Juve for WM seemed a strange one. 

Serdar is a wonderful footballer. I'd happily take him or Amine Harit off Schalke.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I'm also speculating the mystery midfielder is Aaron Ramsey...  Rumors have been circulating for weeks about our front office team has been talking with Juve about transfers and he fits all the other requirements (premier league experience, done it all before, shocking fans, etc.)

If Juve are just keen to get him off the wage bill.

Maybe we pay a fee (A few mill) which goes straight towards buying out his own deal.

Then put him on a reasonable wage?

Surely he would take a few mill up front?

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Outside of these and going against the run of play, If I had a £1 to pick another player from Juventus I would take a punt on Federico Bernardeschi.

Just heard he played both LW and central before Ronaldo joined and he was pushed to the right. So he could be an option in the middle... 

Aaron Ramsey is pretty much Gareth Bale light (without the poor attitude and golf addiction). Tons of little injury issues in the last year and comical wages.

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
19/20 Unknown Injury Jun 6, 2020 Jun 15, 2020 9 days 1Juventus FC
19/20 Stress response of the bone Dec 5, 2019 Dec 14, 2019 9 days 2Juventus FC
19/20 Adductor problems Oct 10, 2019 Oct 30, 2019 20 days 4Juventus FC
19/20 Lumbago Aug 28, 2019 Sep 11, 2019 14 days 1Juventus FC
19/20 Fitness Aug 19, 2019 Aug 26, 2019 7 days 1Juventus FC

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

It's unlikely in all honesty. He has stated he's happy at the club and sees himself there this season. I don't think Schalke would want to lose him.

That is the right profile of player I think we should be (and likely are) going for though. Mikel Merino at Real Sociedad would be another, although likely way too expensive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Aaron Ramsey is pretty much Gareth Bale light (without the poor attitude and golf addiction). Tons of little injury issues in the last year and comical wages.

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
19/20 Unknown Injury Jun 6, 2020 Jun 15, 2020 9 days 1Juventus FC
19/20 Stress response of the bone Dec 5, 2019 Dec 14, 2019 9 days 2Juventus FC
19/20 Adductor problems Oct 10, 2019 Oct 30, 2019 20 days 4Juventus FC
19/20 Lumbago Aug 28, 2019 Sep 11, 2019 14 days 1Juventus FC
19/20 Fitness Aug 19, 2019 Aug 26, 2019 7 days 1Juventus FC

Hmmm, probably the reason Arsenal never forced the issue to keep him?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Going with that criteria it takes it down to 4 players in the Juventus team.

Ronaldo, Ramsey, Higűain, Szczęsny.

Ronaldo - Done it all, wow! but I doubt it he will be coming here. NO

Ramsey - It would shock me if we do sign him as his career in England wasn't much and Juve signed him in a free a year ago on a crazy wage. No thanks! NO CHANCE!

Higuain - Too old and on the verge of possibly joining Inter Miami. NO

Szczęsny - I think he meets the criteria above the most and we're looking for a goalkeeper. Would be not a bad signing. NO

Has some plausibility to it

https://www.90min.com/posts/assessing-the-possible-destinations-for-juventus-federico-bernardeschi-01e9ndgm03aa

Kulusevski will take Bernardeschis' place in the starting 11 next season so he might be on his way out.

Hasn't really lived up to the hyp since leaving Fiorentina, but I'm not sure he's worth the fee he'd cost. Unless it's a loan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Interesting...

"Bernardeschi is said to be interested in a move to the Premier League, particularly to one with a famous English stadium and rich history."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Kulusevski will take Bernardeschis' place in the starting 11 next season so he might be on his way out.

Hasn't really lived up to the hyp since leaving Fiorentina, but I'm not sure he's worth the fee he'd cost. Unless it's a loan.

Read the article I attached above. Seemingly Juve played him behind the front two rather than on the wing where he established his reputation. Has not worked out for him at all.

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Bernadeschi is a top quality player, he's a left footer who can play both sides but prefers the right. Something that would be right up Smith's street for the system he prefers. Contract is up in 2022, he's on more than €60k a week though and I'm not sure he'd want to come and play for us.