Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

9 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If they knew who it was, surely The Athletic would report it? 

Yeah, defo. Sounded like Evan’s was fed a description of what we’re after and repeated it word for word. If he was a chick Dan would’ve needed a mop. 

12 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If they knew who it was, surely The Athletic would report it? 

If they're told something and it gets out in the middle of delicate negotiations, you can better believe they wont get told things again.

Relationships between club and journalists are important, it has to be mutually beneficial.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Awol said:

Hinted that it might break our transfer record again (or Dan Bardell did, I can’t remember), so I doubt it. Who knows? 

Just had a listen, Bardell said "it sounds like we might break transfer record" again and Gregg said "maybe not because there is good value to be had in Europe" and used Moutinho as an example. So could be an older big name player with a year left of contract so smaller fee?

Rafinha had been linked to Leeds last few days for around £14m, but they've said they cannot afford him. Seems like the the type of player that would fit Gregg's description.

8 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Nainggolan, Brozovic, Sabitzer, Tolisso, Carvalho, Delaney, Kampl, Pasalic, Cyprien.

Some more realistic than others but could one of those.

A player whose done it it said, can’t say that for most of them

8 hours ago, Awol said:

Hinted that it might break our transfer record again (or Dan Bardell did, I can’t remember), so I doubt it. Who knows? 

they didnt hint that they might break the transfer record again, they hinted that some top players are available for reasonable fees (they specifically used Moutinho/Wolves as an example).

The impression i got was a reasonable fee, but possibly big wages etc for an experienced marquee midfield signing.

fingers crossed.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

Just had a listen, Bardell said "it sounds like we might break transfer record" again and Gregg said "maybe not because there is good value to be had in Europe" and used Moutinho as an example. So could be an older big name player with a year left of contract so smaller fee?

Rafinha had been linked to Leeds last few days for around £14m, but they've said they cannot afford him. Seems like the the type of player that would fit Gregg's description.

Cheers, I was doing something else while listening. Would be funny to pinch a Leeds target that they couldn’t afford! 

51 minutes ago, Awol said:

Did the same before I posted. Looked at Italy, Germany, Spain, France & Holland. The only one that fits and has *drum roll* premier league experience is Ramsey. He said No.8 about 5 times so I think he’s heard something from a source. 

Could be total nonsense of course, but it would be quite a signing. 

Jack—————Watkins—————??

Ramsey————Luiz—————SJM

Targett——Mings——Konsa——Cash

Not a bad team that. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Done what though?

Bernadeschi could be classed as doing it all at Juventus, Lge winner 3 times. 1 Italian Cup and 1 Super Italian Cup.

As could Ronaldo, but I'd be amazed if it was the latter that joined us. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

the first 4 plus pasalic and kampl have all done it in the champions league. not necessarily won but certainly looked the part in the latter stages 

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

KEVIN Strootman ? 

Yeah when that Kevin meme was on one of the Villa twitter pages he was my first thought.

Really good around 2014 then had terrible injury problems which knocked him back. 53 games for Marseille in last two years so dosen't seem a problem anymore but not sure he could be effective in fast pace league anymore given he's played in Italy and France since 2018.