Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why do people think the DOF’s only job is to sign players. If that’s the case why do we have a head of recruitment?

Because people don’t know what the staff at a club do. Same as people think the CEO of a modern football club would be the man negotiating the nuances of a transfer fee. It makes me laugh a lot but there is no point worrying about it - same at every club and it moves the scapegoating around ;)

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because the fee's aren't just set by the quality of the player, but based on nationality and the stature of the buying club. Unfortunately there are loads of quality CL level players we can afford but will never sign. 

That’s utter BS. We did it with Gueye, Veretout, Ayew, Amavi etc.

We did it last year but with worse players from different leagues.

Lange needs to make an impact either this transfer window or next or there ain’t any point having him.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Lange needs to make an impact either this transfer window or next or there ain’t any point having him.

Yeah that turned out well.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Those are levels up on the players we are discussing though.

I pointed out the "same level" of player we are after.

The players you have mentioned are World Class in the making types.

Also, it obviously.isnt a fixed rule. I'm talking in general.

Hang on, so.......

We get fleeced on Championship signings

But Arsenal can buy Gabriel ‘on the cheap’ because he’s the next level up.

But ManU and Chelsea get fleeced like us for players the next level up on Gabriel.

Sounds like we and ManU and Chelsea are buying in the wrong market and Arsenal have nailed it.

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The guy has been in the job for little over a month, during a period where no (maybe very little?) football has been played and with an (assumed) very different scouting criteria to that which he had at FC Kobenhavn. 

I know it’s a fairly outrageous idea, but let’s actually give him a reasonable amount of time (and football!) for him to do his job in before we write off him and the entire scouting team, eh?

I know this is hard to hear, but the point wasn't that he shouldn't be allowed a fair crack at it. The point is that our transfer policy has to connect with the people we hire at the club. There's no point employing a tailor if you intend to run around naked. 

7 minutes ago, rayk said:

It's not, but whatever makes you feel better. 

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Look where those players are now.

Look at even Gollini or Adama.

We would be a miles better team if we had those players still now.

So we need to sign a load of up and coming players from Europe for around 10-15 million each. Throw them all in the team and get relegated. But this time make sure we keep them so we can benefit from when they come good???

Im just messing. I know what you mean really. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why do people think the DOF’s only job is to sign players. If that’s the case why do we have a head of recruitment?

I would wager good money he reports into Lange, not Smith or Purslow.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So we need to sign a load of up and coming players from Europe for around 10-15 million each. Throw them all in the team and get relegated. But this time make sure we keep them so we can benefit from when they come good???

Im just messing. I know what you mean really. 

So why make a point of it rather than just agreeing?

48 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The same reason Juventus can get McKennie on a 6 mill loan to buy fee.

Bigger clubs can get the level of player we want for cheaper, as there will be an overwhelming desire for players to go there.

Same reason we would not have gotten Haaland for his release clause etc.

Why would we not have got Haaland for release clause?