Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

What I really don’t understand.....honestly and truly....is how do Arsenal sign Gabriel Magalhaes for £27m.

And yet Watkins is the same price and Benrahma the same.

In the attempt to buy players to hit the ground running I think we might be missing a trick or too.

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

I understand this fascination that someone from abroad will be cheaper, better and higher potential but it’s not realistic.

If it was that easy everyone will be doing it. 

Sevilla, Lyon or Dortmund do make the signings of 23 year old for the same kind of money as Cash to then be lauded for it 2 years later.

Im happy for us to take a punt and then be praised for unearthing a gem no one else saw, these players can be from the UK.

Cash for £16m is the least Sevilla/Lyon/Dortmund signing I can think of

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, pete101 said:

The way this works (get a pen and a notepad kid , your gonna write this down)

20m might be the release fee 

Players agent leaks this to the club's that his client is interested in joining (this shouldn't really happen but it does)

We are now sitting over here (☹️ that's us) we know the player has no interest in joining us , so we decide we shall not bid

Oh right.....a bit like the Rachica thing then.....

1 minute ago, rayk said:

What I really don’t understand.....honestly and truly....is how do Arsenal sign Gabriel Magalhaes for £27m.

In the attempt to buy players to hit the ground running I think we might be missing a trick or too.

The same reason Juventus can get McKennie on a 6 mill loan to buy fee.

Bigger clubs can get the level of player we want for cheaper, as there will be an overwhelming desire for players to go there.

Same reason we would not have gotten Haaland for his release clause etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

The money isn't the issue for a player like that. It's that he's been touted for a move to current Champions League teams in our league. If there's an ounce of truth in it then of course he then becomes pretty much out of reach. 

Again.....a bit like the Rashica bid but that didn’t stop nearly a 100 pages on here.

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Absolutely not, they are pretty uninspiring signings. Have to say I'm pretty disappointed so far, with Wilson and Watkins well it's just meh. The first team hasn't improved much, wing play is non existent still, no pace in the team either.

Same not that optimistic as it stands .. and its getting close to crunch time which worries me more ... we need 5 players and we only have one in and it didn't really get me off my seat . We need at least 2 to join next week .. Lange, Purslow and DS better be working around the clock to try and push deals through (the right deals of course) that 20M we are throwing on Wilson we need to throw that at Benrahma. Thats me saying that and i know Callum personally but my club is my club and its business and that move would suit us best. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The same reason Juventus can get McKennie on a 6 mill loan to buy fee.

Bigger clubs can get the level of player we want for cheaper, as there will be an overwhelming desire for players to go there.

Same reason we would not have gotten Haaland for his release clause etc.

And so that’s why Manure can’t get Sancho for £100m and Chelsea paid £80m for Havertz.

Got it! 👍

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Because the fee's aren't just set by the quality of the player, but based on nationality and the stature of the buying club. Unfortunately there are loads of quality CL level players we can afford but will never sign. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

And so that’s why Manure can’t get Sancho for £100m and Chelsea paid £80m for Havertz.

Got it! 👍

Those are levels up on the players we are discussing though.

I pointed out the "same level" of player we are after.

The players you have mentioned are World Class in the making types.

Also, it obviously.isnt a fixed rule. I'm talking in general.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rayk said:

Oh right.....a bit like the Rachica thing then.....

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

Again.....a bit like the Rashica bid but that didn’t stop nearly a 100 pages on here.

Nearly correct.

Different scenario and circumstances altogether with that one.

I agree with the notion of what @Wainy316 was alluding too.

44 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree and I'm not saying it's easy. I'm ssying it's needed. And if we don't do it I don't see the point of Lange or our scouting department. 

The guy has been in the job for little over a month, during a period where no (maybe very little?) football has been played and with an (assumed) very different scouting criteria to that which he had at FC Kobenhavn. 

I know it’s a fairly outrageous idea, but let’s actually give him a reasonable amount of time (and football!) for him to do his job in before we write off him and the entire scouting team, eh?

• Like 1

Hope we'll sign someone like Buendia, Watkins and a decent defensive/box to box midfielder. 

Grealish and Buendia on each side, Target and Cash overlapping.  With McGinn, Luiz and a DM behind them. 

One can dream 😊

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because the fee's aren't just set by the quality of the player, but based on nationality and the stature of the buying club. Unfortunately there are loads of quality CL level players we can afford but will never sign. 

Not yet anyway, but if our owners are to be believed then it won't be too long before we can.

I'd give it another year or two to be able to be confident in signing that ilk of player in knowing we can attract them easier than we can now.

We have already purchased a few in the past, no reason why it can't happen again now even if in small doses.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

8 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Hope we'll sign someone like Buendia, Watkins and a decent defensive/box to box midfielder. 

Grealish and Buendia on each side, Target and Cash overlapping.  With McGinn, Luiz and a DM behind them. 

One can dream 😊

I'm very surprised that Buendia hasn't left yet - he was one of the players I wanted from the off. I do worry that Norwich don't want to do business with us as they're still pissed about Lambert for some reason, though🤣

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, supermon said:

Absolutely not, they are pretty uninspiring signings. Have to say I'm pretty disappointed so far, with Wilson and Watkins well it's just meh. The first team hasn't improved much, wing play is non existent still, no pace in the team either.

Have to agree championship players huge unknown quality stepping up.Wingers is not sorted out and another quality play maker.

The 5 players I think we need are GK, RB, CM, RW and CF. It seems bizarre that we do not seem to be focusing on RW and CM. These are the most important positions in my mind. An athletic box to box midfielder and a speedy RW will transform our team. We really need to be focused on getting these players in.

I would take Watkins and forget Wilson. We only play one up front and Wes will be back soon. With Luiz, SJM and a new CM we could actually boss quite a few PL teams. 
Watkins and a speedy RW would give us a counter attacking threat against the better teams. This is something that we totally lacked last season.

I am happy with Cash. He is a quality player. He could easily play for England in the non too distant future. He has a good character too.

The Man U keeper would be ok but I would take a punt on Butland. He is a good age and he just needs a move to re-ignite his career. His confidence is shot at Stoke. A move to us could transform him. He will not cost much either.

Still lots to do but we have time still.

21 minutes ago, rayk said:

Got it! 👍

Oh and another example which I know you will love.

The same reason Leipzig could possibly sign Rashica for less than we offer.

Make more sense now?

• Like 1