Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Huge teams were in for him. Pretty much every club across Europe.

Its a release clause. They can't reject it. Obviously other clubs could offer more money to the player, and have better reputations than us, but we would have got him for the release clause by law.

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Its a release clause. They can't reject it. Obviously other clubs could offer more money to the player, and have better reputations than us, but we would have got him for the release clause by law.

You seem to have a strange definition for 'getting him'.

• Like 2

Just now, Don_Simon said:

We wouldn’t have ‘got him’, we would have been given the opportunity to talk to him and his agent would have laughed down the phone at us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Yeah, obviously the club couldn't reject it but he wouldn't have accepted us because bigger teams wanted him.

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can’t say I saw much of Buendia. He did seem a bit light weight though. Was very frustrating the way he lost the ball which led to Watford scoring the winner. I thought that had relegated us.

I think he looks quite strong and compact actually, he is short alright but seems good att keeping the ball. I think he is exactly what we need, quality player and a creative force who can hold and carry the ball.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

You seem to have a strange definition for 'getting him'.

By meeting the release clause, we would have the opportunity to offer terms to the player.

Clearly, he would have said no.

I was replying to the post that said we wouldn't have got him for the release clause. Which we could have done. Any club "could" have done. 

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

You do realise he could - and probably would - have turned us down?

34 minutes ago, rayk said:

Look where those players are now.

Look at even Gollini or Adama.

We would be a miles better team if we had those players still now.

Would those players be as good if they had stayed with us?

8 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

By meeting the release clause, we would have the opportunity to offer terms to the player.

Clearly, he would have said no.

I was replying to the post that said we wouldn't have got him for the release clause. Which we could have done. Any club "could" have done. 

Correct. Meeting a release clause guarantees you can speak to the player. They don't have to speak to you of course, but it's then between you and them.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because the fee's aren't just set by the quality of the player, but based on nationality and the stature of the buying club. Unfortunately there are loads of quality CL level players we can afford but will never sign. 

Kenji, this is what I said was utter BS.

For the record I don’t think there are loads of CL players we can afford but don’t sign.

There are a bundle of players from the European leagues we could sign though that are better than Championship players.

And we may still sign some of those players....hopefully.

I do think there are a load of Championship players that we seem to be going for that are overpriced.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You do realise he could - and probably would - have turned us down?

See my previous post mate. Of course he'd turn us down, by the looks of the transfer window thus far a lot of players would! I was just replying to a post saying "we wouldn't get Haaland for the release clause", implying we'd have to pay more than the release clause, which is of course incorrect.

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Kenji, this is what I said was utter BS.

For the record I don’t think there are loads of CL players we can afford but don’t sign.

There are a bundle of players from the European leagues we could sign though that are better than Championship players.

And we may still sign some of those players....hopefully.

I do think there are a load of Championship players that we seem to be going for that are overpriced.

You might think it's BS, but you would be wrong. 

Let’s get this Lange thing straight once and for all.

Does anyone really think he came to Villa without his little black book of ‘players to sign’?

And does anyone seriously think that the following question WASN’T asked at his interview.

’So Johan, This coming transfer window we have a money to spend. With your research of the team, which positions should we strengthen and which players would you recommend?’

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

See my previous post mate. Of course he'd turn us down, by the looks of the transfer window thus far a lot of players would! I was just replying to a post saying "we wouldn't get Haaland for the release clause", implying we'd have to pay more than the release clause, which is of course incorrect.

He wasn't saying that. He was saying we wouldn't have got him because he'd have rejected us and because he was wanted by far more appealing teams. 

6 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Would those players be as good if they had stayed with us?

Well that’s a damming indictment of Villa....so I would have to say yes, in the same way Jack is world class too.