Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Based on nothing more than the trend of links that seem to be sticking ... we have been completely let down by the previous scouting team.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed we pull off some good ‘Unknown’s’ but if we do have £100m to spend - again, and if that money is solely spent on players any armchair fan has watched in the bottom of the PL or Championship, then we will regret this window for a considerable time I’m certain. The days of utter bargains in the Championship (used by Everton and Spurs in the last) are over.

Look at any team that has built a new sustainable team from a low basis. There’s always been clever clever value signings from Holland, France, Portugal, Germany etc. - not household names but not complete unknowns either. Wilfred Bouma type signings!

Edited by Djemba_Villan
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Do we honestly agree that Watkins,Cash and Wilson will improve us that much from being in a relegation scrap 2 of those are unproven in Premier League and other can be great on his day.I'm not convinced. We need more players and quality.

If we get Wilson and Watkins I’d be happy with that. Think both have the potential to add 8-10 each

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

If we continue our form post lock down then I don't think we will be in a relegation scrap and all those players improve us substantially.  Hopefully we agree terms with Romero as well who would improve us massively over Nyland who probably lost us 6+ points on his own.

I can see Watkins scoring a load of goals at the backpost from a Cash/Grealish cross depending on which side he is on.  Wilson will score goals and Cash will add more attacking threat down the right. 

FWIW, Cash is one of those players with a great “engine” and will work hard all day long - but the only criticism I’ve really seen from Forest fans is that his crossing needs work. 

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

Do we honestly agree that Watkins,Cash and Wilson will improve us that much from being in a relegation scrap 2 of those are unproven in Premier League and other can be great on his day.I'm not convinced. We need more players and quality.

Will they score more than 1 goal between them? If the answer is yes, then it’s a good idea.

• Like 1

Newcastle meeting Bournemouth’s terms for Callum Wilson will be a good test for our owners that will reveal their ambition. Lose out to Newcastle for a player that is obviously wanted at Villa, questions will rightly be asked. This is a transfer battle that must be won, one or the other club is going to be left either empty handed or chasing 2nd and 3rd choices. 

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Newcastle have bid of £13.5m accepted for Jamal Lewis.

Shame, would be good competition for Targett.

Yeah I've with Darrent Bent on this one. We need an upgrade or at least strong competition in this position.

I love the latest flavour of the month phrases.

"Judging by the links" - as if the mostly fabricated garbage dreamed up by idiots masquerading as journalists, or children on Twitter are an accurate representation of our current or intended business.

"Questions will be asked" -  so if for instance we dont overpay for one particular player, it means we have to question the people who have so far rescued us from oblivion, overseen promotion at the first time of asking, a cup final and ploughing nearly 200m in with plenty more to come this summer.

Take stock. Its easy to lose balance in silly season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Despite signing smart, proven players, that will help us take the next step of cementing our place back in this league. I still want us to sign 1 or 2 foreigners where the potential ceiling is high enough for that player to become a player we normally wouldn't find available to us. Once the potential CL quality players become CL players, they are not in our reach (at the moment). So we need to get in early and take some punts. 

So please sign a mix between Watkins/Wilsons and some continental gambles. 

Ahh....The good old days of Jesus. 

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Not really, it’s all rather uninspiring and we haven’t even signed 2 of those 3 yet.  

I thought the plan might be to buy quality this summer and I still keep my fingers crossed for that.  

At the moment with the links we have it seems another relegation fight next season is in store.  

Hope for some signings to change that view maybe from another creative player that we need to take pressure off Jack or a strong central midfielder that’s different class.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Newcastle have bid of £13.5m accepted for Jamal Lewis.

Shame, would be good competition for Targett.

We should be all over that, we need a LB to compete with targett.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

We’ll improve on a relegation scrap if we avoid losing our first choice keeper and first choice striker for half a season, and our best box-to-box midfielder for a third of the season.

Every team gets injuries, but we were probably the most unlucky team last season, in that we lost 3 of our first choice ‘spine’ players for 3-6 months each.

Adding in Watkins, Wilson and Cash into last years side would have seen us finish comfortably safe, like Brighton. Adding Heaton (or Romero) and McGinn to that side probably would have seen us finish around 12/13th like Everton/ Newcastle.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

IMO Fred is better than Cash right now.  cash will undoubtedly be better in the future, but Cash isn't a signing i feel improves the 1st 11.

We still desperately need 2 wide players and a striker as a minimum.  I would probably add a CM, CB and GK to that list.

• Like 1