Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

I Was thinking along the same lines ... x2 wingers/wing forwards and a CDM...

Throwing names out there... I’d go for 2 out of Dwight McNeil, Buendia, Benrhama, Rashica, Calvin Stengs or Cendiz Under. And for CDM one from Tyler Adams Weston McKenzie, Konrad Laimer, Anguissa just to put some different random names out there. 

Edited by thabucks
Wrong Tyler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

If we could only sign three players this summer what positions and who would you go for if we retain our prem status ? 

Experienced international CB.

Holding midfield. Believe it or not but Kalvin Phillips isn't the only guy in world football who plays in this position. Plenty of good ones out in europe. Another Gana type would really work in this team.

Good wide player. Now this is the area where we'd probably have to be breaking our transfer record 30-40m. Need an upgrade on El Ghazi though.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I Was thinking along the same lines ... x2 wingers/wing forwards and a CDM...

Throwing names out there... I’d go for 2 out of Dwight McNeil, Buendia, Benrhama, Rashica, Calvin Stengs or Cendiz Under. And for CDM one form Tyler Roberts, Weston McKenzie, Konrad Laimer, Anguissa just to put some different random names out there. 

I think a bigger club than us would be in for McNeil, I think he’s class

4 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Because if we stay up we are a club that will push on and have ambition and we are a bigger club 

I think a bigger and higher placed in the league club will be in for him sadly. I think he’s excellent 

36 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think a bigger and higher placed in the league club will be in for him sadly. I think he’s excellent 

You may be right mate. We do need to be in for quality players though this summer, we have had the squad fillers and now it’s time for quality

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

You may be right mate. We do need to be in for quality players though this summer, we have had the squad fillers and now it’s time for quality

There is a very real possibility that we could get relegated though

Boredom has really taken ahold and I’ve been researching the best up and coming USMNT as they have some very highly rated young talent coming through. Brexit Will maybe it will be easier to obtain work permits for them as German clubs don’t have an issue... Here’s a list of the top 100 .... Josh Sargent I’ve been told is a great player worth watching as well as Weston McKenzie... 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/usmnt-top-50-americans-in-the-2022-world-cup-player-pool/461pfr5dkbk11snj50dx47jv5#1w7lftr29cfp71xpai3ifojitw

its amazing where the Path of boredom can lead you to .... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There is no evidence to support that.

We've been getting worse since that opening game against Spurs

The evidence is the sums of money the owners have put in. Not to mention the statements/interviews they have given. It mightn’t have worked out as well as hoped thus far, but have you forgotten the summer spend that the owners sanctioned? Or the groundwork being put in place around Villa Park? Nearly everything these owners have done has pointed at ambition, the only negative thus far was the January transfer window, and we can look to FFP for the likely restraint at that point. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There is no evidence to support that.

We've been getting worse since that opening game against Spurs

We have owners that are willing to back us and have said last summer was about quantity and this summer if we stay up is about quality. We also currently have one of the hottest properties in English football

Thae game against spurs away was good defensively for 45 minutes, we have put in better performances this season than the opening day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villa Stu said:

We have owners that are willing to back us and have said last summer was about quantity and this summer if we stay up is about quality. We also currently have one of the hottest properties in English football

Thae game against spurs away was good defensively for 45 minutes, we have put in better performances this season than the opening day

I just can't see it.

I think our coaching staff has looked completely lost and out of depth at this level.

Perhaps we could make David Silva a cheeky contract offer? Why finish your days in say China, Japan, America or back in Spain, when you could be playing for us? 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I just can't see it.

I think our coaching staff has looked completely lost and out of depth at this level.

Tbf I do agree that the coaching department seems to be lacking which does need to be put right. If our tactics on set pieces was right we wouldn’t be in the relegation zone now

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thabucks said:

Boredom has really taken ahold and I’ve been researching the best up and coming USMNT as they have some very highly rated young talent coming through. Brexit Will maybe it will be easier to obtain work permits for them as German clubs don’t have an issue... Here’s a list of the top 100 .... Josh Sargent I’ve been told is a great player worth watching as well as Weston McKenzie... 

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/usmnt-top-50-americans-in-the-2022-world-cup-player-pool/461pfr5dkbk11snj50dx47jv5#1w7lftr29cfp71xpai3ifojitw

its amazing where the Path of boredom can lead you to .... 

yep there are several very good young Americans playing abroad (specifically in Germany) which could be a good place. Plus then we could grow our stature over here. 

Also on that note, I wonder what Chelsea is going to do with Pulisic/CHO/Mount and Gilmour breaking into the first team squad? They're being linked with Coutinho as well as having Ziyech coming in, so maybe one of those could be on the fringes? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John said:

Perhaps we could make David Silva a cheeky contract offer? Why finish your days in say China, Japan, America or back in Spain, when you could be playing for us? 😉

Did actually cross my mind, if we lose Jack especially. Could give him a decent contract for a year, get a couple of other statement players from the continent and show ambition. We showed with Terry we can attract big players still. Although this is all up in the air with the current situation.

8 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Did actually cross my mind, if we lose Jack especially. Could give him a decent contract for a year, get a couple of other statement players from the continent and show ambition. We showed with Terry we can attract big players still. Although this is all up in the air with the current situation.

A bit like the days of us signing players like David Ginola and Robert Pires, it's a transfer policy that might possibly work one day. He's very unlikely to come through, even if we decided that we did want him.

• Like 2

It's all well and good having the funds to spend but without the necessary scouting or coaching you end up in a relegation battle.

Sorry to say it but this season has been one unmitigated disaster!

• Like 1