Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 minutes ago, useless said:

We need a decent midfielder befitting of Luiz's and McGinn's company in the middle of the park. Not many being linked, that's a position where we'll probably sign someone from nowhere that hasn't been linked.

I think Jack plays in the three with those two. That's where he has an opening for England. That's why we need two quality wingers - CM is a squad signing for me. 

• Like 1

There's no way Grealish will be playing in central midfield for us next season, have no idea why people think he's better in that position, it's the biggest myth going.

Also there's no way that he will get in the England team playing as a central midfielder, that's precisely why he didn't get a call up at the start of the season. Not many teams play with a player in central midfield like Grealish, including England.

The calls for him to be picked for England came after he moved to the left wing, that's when his form and output picked up, he only missed out because he was injured for the next England game.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Brilliant but I'd keep the 🧀 

Sorry to strong for my liking I'll trade for a Hammer if Brentford have one 😋

We play everything down the wings, and when we do try and go through the middle we run into a brick wall. I know it’s the day and age of the CDM, but I want CAM. Someone who is comfortable receiving the ball centrally in the final third. Leave Jack where he is, he has even said himself that it’s his preferred position.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no way Grealish will be playing in central midfield for us next season, have no idea why people think he's better in that position, it's the biggest myth going.

Also there's no way that he will get in the England team playing as a central midfielder, that's precisely why he didn't get a call up at the start of the season. Not many teams play with a player in central midfield like Grealish, including England.

I think he can play there but you need a very good midfield unit around him. I'm not actually sure we can get away with it if we put McGinn with him so most likely he's better out wide. 

4 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

We play everything down the wings, and when we do try and go through the middle we run into a brick wall. I know it’s the day and age of the CDM, but I want CAM. Someone who is comfortable receiving the ball centrally in the final third. Leave Jack where he is, he has even said himself that it’s his preferred position.

I thought Jack said he prefers midfield but got put out on the wing, sure that's the way he said it.

Dont know who said it on here but it made sense, look for another guy that clan play the same positions as Grealish can, if need be they can always be switched at any time which could cause teams lots of problems.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I thought Jack said he prefers midfield but got put out on the wing, sure that's the way he said it.

Dont know who said it on here but it made sense, look for another guy that clan play the same positions as Grealish can, if need be they can always be switched at any time which could cause teams lots of problems.

I may be mistaken but I remember him saying that under Dean in the championship, I believe I’ve seen recently that he prefers his current position. However, I may be talking out of my arse. I completely agree with you on getting someone who can play both. Benrahma and Eze for me of the names suggested so far.

If that loan with real madrid is true that we were knocked back for takefusa Kubo that's a real damn shame as that's a player who I mentioned a couple days ago.

He would of been excellent for us I think, far better than anything that's been brought up in media so far. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

https://twitter.com/hairyhands5

I have no idea if this is a legit account and I just stumbled across it but wasn't there someone on here a while back (Maybe years and years ago) called Hairyhands and he was pretty reliable? 

Now we're just waiting for MysteryMan3 to complete the set

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Real ITKs just do not sound like fake ITKs, if you want to impersonate one it takes timing, creativity and originality - it's usually easier to simply be ITK.  

I'm always amazed that people choose to do it. So much effort and for what?

• Like 3

Celtic are being linked to a lot of strikers, apparently tried to sign Toney but had to renegade on the deal because they could only afford to play £1.5m upfront, now there's talk of them signing Kyle Taylor and Steven Fletcher. I think that there's a good chance that Edouard might leave them because they need the money, but it's probably more likely that he'll join someone like Leicester, but that could open up the possibility of us then signing Iheanacho. I've no idea why I bothered write all that out.

24 minutes ago, useless said:

The calls for him to be picked for England came after he moved to the left wing, that's when his form and output picked up, he only missed out because he was injured for the next England game.

I respectfully disagree with this assessment.  Grealish is naturally a central player in the no. 8 or 10 roles.  He was a 8 when he almost single-handedly dragged us up from the Championship, except at that time he had Tammy ahead of him, and (for that level) relatively decent wingers to play off.  The problem last season was that he was our only attacking threat. In the 433 central role he would receive that ball too deep and would have to run the length of the pitch in order to get anything going, but would inevitably get hacked down. When he moved out to left wing he was much more influential as he received the ball in a much more dangerous position higher up the pitch and was able to start moves, win free kicks, create or score goals.

As for England, there's much less competition in the central area.  Who else is there?  Mason Mount, James Maddison, Ross Barkley?  WInks, Henderson and Rice are more defensive players and aren't vying for the same roles as Jack.  On the wings he's competing with Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Hudson Odoi - all of whom Southgate specifically mentioned as reasons for excluding him last November.

• Like 2