Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I mentioned Weghorst few weeks back, would definitely suit the English leqgue like Poulsen. Watched Wolfsburg few weeks back, scrappy game with the opponent being the better team but couldn't score. Weghorst scored with his only chance to win the game

That pretty much sums up most of Wolfsburgs wins this season. I like Poulsen too but Weghorst is a natural goalscorer and Poulsen isn't.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Similar in style of play Paul.  But i feel Weghorst is a much better all-round player than Crouchy. He's  muchmore of a natural finisher. Check out video below of some of his finishes:-

Looks quite ugly in his style at times but definitely can finish nicely. Does look very similar to crouch but perhaps a bit stronger and more athletic. Crouch forged a decent PL career so maybe not a bad thing to be compared there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Every YouTube video seems to have title ‘This is why Arsenal want to sign.....’

If they wish it for enough players, maybe one or two of them will come true!

I would actually love Iheanacho. He's proven he's a good striker, it's just his luck that he had to bide his time behind Aguero first and now Vardy. He deputized very well during the latter's absence this season (and of course we just had to find that out first hand). More importantly he seems to have an excellent attitude and never sulked when out of the team for so long and grasps his opportunities when they come with both hands. (He also looks like Jonathan Kodjia and I still kinda miss the crazy guy)

I hope he's finally ready to be the main striker at aclub, and I'd welcome him with open arms to be honest.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Every YouTube video seems to have title ‘This is why Arsenal want to sign.....’

Clicks. There's more money to be made with 'Arsenal/Manchester United/Citeh/Liverpool need to sign...' than more or less any other other English club.

Becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have seen nothing from Origi in his entire career to think he could outscore Wesley in this team. 

I think our mistake might be in assuming Origi would be here to play centrally. Liverpool has used him out wide quite a bit, and he might be asked to fill a role as a winger here. In other words, it wouldn't be Wes or possibly Watkins Origi would be competing with, but Trez and El Ghazi. 

Either way, positional versatility is a good thing, and it's one thing we don't have enough of alongside pace.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I would actually love Iheanacho. He's proven he's a good striker, it's just his luck that he had to bide his time behind Aguero first and now Vardy. He deputized very well during the latter's absence this season (and of course we just had to find that out first hand). More importantly he seems to have an excellent attitude and never sulked when out of the team for so long and grasps his opportunities when they come with both hands. (He also looks like Jonathan Kodjia and I still kinda miss the crazy guy)

I hope he's finally ready to be the main striker at aclub, and I'd welcome him with open arms to be honest.

Yeah I like Iheanacho and agree that with a run in the side he could be a regular scorer. Better shout than Origi for sure.

• Like 3

If we signed Origi he'd be playing through the middle and he would be far and away our best striker. He's another who's goal record doesn't look great, but when you look at his goals to minutes ratio it's very good, as is the amount of assists he gets. Would be doing well to sign him, can't see Liverpool being particulary in a rush to let him go as he serves them very well as a backup striker.

• Like 1

Origi's a better all round footballer than Iheanacho from what I've seen, gets more invovled in the general play, but I think me would prefer Iheanacho because he gets his goals for Leicester whereas Origi gets his for a Liverpool team who will be pinning teams back when he comes on, so probably much easier to score for Liverpool in those circumstances than it is for Leicester.

I doubt we will be signing either though.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Origi's a better all round footballer than Iheanacho from what I've seen, gets more invovled in the general play, but I think me would prefer Iheanacho because he gets his goals for Leicester whereas Origi gets his for a Liverpool team who will be pinning teams back when he comes on, so probably much easier to score for Liverpool in those circumstances than it is for Leicester.

I doubt we will be signing either though.

I'd be happy with either of those two. But as above doubt it will happen.

That Weghorst clip is ok. But it always baffles me as to why people put clips of strikers hitting the post on a highlight reel.

I'm not sure he would suit the style of play we need in the PL. We need quick forward players who will put teams under pressure from the front.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

That Weghorst clip is ok. But it always baffles me as to why people put clips of strikers hitting the post on a highlight reel.

I'm not sure he would suit the style of play we need in the PL. We need quick forward players who will put teams under pressure from the front.

You should see that Celtic lads clip. It’s highlights of him controlling and running with the ball a few yards. One of the clips even shows him control it in front of goal but doesn’t show what happens next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1