Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Traore doesn't really cut it. Hopefully he delivers, but I wanted someone with pace. He looks slow as feck. 

Hause and Taylor terrifies me. I really want better options there. Being stuck with them for enough matches and we're ****. Especially Hause. 

At risk of being extremely reactionary of only 55 minutes being down 1-0 but regardless it makes me feel that, whilst Traore looks technically very good,  we really haven't fulfilled our brief of injecting genuine pace into that team, and as a team that relies so much on the counter this is a disappointment.

I agree with the general consensus watching this that we need depth for ST, LB and CB in January / next summer. Taylor and Hause really do look like they will cost us even in  very brief cameos and whilst I rate Davis he's a very specific type of striker that I feel might not suit our gameplan should we have to rely upon him for an extended period of time...

• Like 1

Nothing really changed for me. I think Watkins will score some goals (eventually once he settles) Davis isn’t good enough and I don’t think Traore is the answer if he were to get injured. We desperately need another 9 especially as it will take a while to get Wesley back up to speed...

I want a CB, LB, striker and winger, so I never have to see AEG, Hause or Taylor again, while we can send Davis on a loan. 

Assuming this is too much to get done in one window, we have to get a CB at the bare minimum. Probably a striker too. 

50 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

i wouldn't judge him on one game

It's quite the overreaction. People are also forgetting he looked quite exciting in the first cup game he played and did well in his mop-up duties in the Fulham game.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Nothing really changed for me. I think Watkins will score some goals (eventually once he settles) Davis isn’t good enough and I don’t think Traore is the answer if he were to get injured. We desperately need another 9 especially as it will take a while to get Wesley back up to speed...

Wow! That's a big squad you want buddy!

We do need some genuine out and out pace. Sarr would be my choice. A front three of Grealish - Watkins - Sarr would be good with Traore and Trez as options on the bench. El Ghazi can go. 

So it’s pretty clear now....

- Rhian Brewster

- Marc Roca

- Victor Nelsson

All needed by Monday.

Then it’s a LB on loan from a Prem/Champs side.

If we can sell AEG (maybe 1 or 2 others) then bring in Benrahma.