Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The Barkley link is legit, not to say it will happen but it is 100% legit. Loan with option to buy, wages part funded by Chelsea.

I thought our game against Sheff United showed how much we need a number 8 and Barkely could be a very shrewd addition in my view.

I liked Loftus-Cheek or liked, personally I think he is crooked now so wouldn't go for him personally and I think we would be wary after Drinkwater but Barkely, if we can do it would be a good move.

Barkley would be a phenomenal signing...  Would be a massive upgrade on Hourihane and if we're able to still sign Rashica, we would now have a competitive first team squad and some impact subs/decent cover on the bench.  

Also, I'm with you on RLC.  Too many injuries, but that was Mings's reputation before he came to us as well.  Who knows?

• Like 1

PremNews retweeted his Sept 17th tweet AVFC enquiring about Barkley saying Tier 1 journalists catching up. Has been right about loads of other club signings ahead of the curve. Tweeted about 4 days ago Rashica will go down to close of window 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Looking at it Chelsea have so many centre mids so may be legs in Barkley terry/Chelsea connection will help. 100% would be a big improvement for villa 

Any word on Josh King signing? Think you had that as confirmed quite a few weeks back. 😁

52 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I know you are joking, but in the sense that he's imperfect, he IS also perfect for us. We are not the finished article in any way, but we are starting to look like a nicely blended team of intelligent guesses and ambitious punts.... AKA Trying to fast track success...

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 2

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

I know you are joking, but in the sense that he's imperfect, he IS perfect for us. We are not the finished article in any way, but we are starting to look like a nicely blended team of intelligent guesses and ambitious punts.... AKA Trying to fast track success...

He's too good not to be playing week in week out and would improve us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The Barkley link is legit, not to say it will happen but it is 100% legit. Loan with option to buy, wages part funded by Chelsea.

I thought our game against Sheff United showed how much we need a number 8 and Barkely could be a very shrewd addition in my view.

I like Loftus-Cheek or liked, personally I think he is crocked now so wouldn't go for him personally and I think we would be wary after Drinkwater but Barkely, if we can do it would be a good move.

I agree that we need a number 8 and it is not CH.  It should be SJM (with Jack at 10) but we need cover for SJM.  Swift is probably the best cover I have seen mooted as he is young, would potentially be happy to play second fiddle and has a great engine with goal/assist output?

For me, RLC has it all and could be the best English no. 8 in the country if he applied himself and can stay fit, but both are a big concern for me so I would probably steer clear. Barkley is a younger CH for me - goal threat/strong shot BUT adds nothing else and is certainly not a no. 8.  I find it unbelievable how he has been anywhere near the England squad in recent times.

For me, our midfield (assuming DS will play the 4-3-3 he virtually always does) should be Dougie L - SJM (8) - Jack (10) and the cover should be Nakamba - Swift - Hourihane/Ramsey although, personally, I would love it if we could sell Nakamba and CH and re-invest the c.£20m into Billings.

Obviously the above means that we need to sign a LW (Rashica or Benrhama please) to allow Jack to drop back in which I am desperately hoping we will do.

Don't understand the anti-loan sentiment by most.  Loans are to plug gaps for the short-term. CM is clearly a weakness and if we have not found a player we can purchase at the right price, then we definitely should be loaning someone.  It also allows us to spend money on other areas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A loan for RLC makes a lot of sense for us, I even suggested it when the season ended as I felt we wouldn’t be able to fill out the team u less we had a couple of hundred million.

a loan to buy would be best but take what you can get.

I would still look at buying will Hughes for 7m too.

28 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I agree that we need a number 8 and it is not CH.  It should be SJM (with Jack at 10) but we need cover for SJM.  Swift is probably the best cover I have seen mooted as he is young, would potentially be happy to play second fiddle and has a great engine with goal/assist output?

For me, RLC has it all and could be the best English no. 8 in the country if he applied himself and can stay fit, but both are a big concern for me so I would probably steer clear. Barkley is a younger CH for me - goal threat/strong shot BUT adds nothing else and is certainly not a no. 8.  I find it unbelievable how he has been anywhere near the England squad in recent times.

For me, our midfield (assuming DS will play the 4-3-3 he virtually always does) should be Dougie L - SJM (8) - Jack (10) and the cover should be Nakamba - Swift - Hourihane/Ramsey although, personally, I would love it if we could sell Nakamba and CH and re-invest the c.£20m into Billings.

Obviously the above means that we need to sign a LW (Rashica or Benrhama please) to allow Jack to drop back in which I am desperately hoping we will do.

Billing is shit. Big boofhead that can't pass, doesn't suit our system and has got relegated back to back with 2 different teams

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Villaphil said:

Thanks.... Agree Konsa has been impressive, but going off the stated aims of the owners, presumably you’d be happy if we got Tarkowski for 40m ?

Nope, Tarkowski at 40m is just daft.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Don't understand the anti-loan sentiment by most.  Loans are to plug gaps for the short-term. CM is clearly a weakness and if we have not found a player we can purchase at the right price, then we definitely should be loaning someone.  It also allows us to spend money on other areas.

Couldn’t agree more. In 12-18 months time Ramsey is that no 8 for us, so loan him out to the Championship and bring in RLC on loan for this season.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I did average comparison to account for different minutes played. RLC was even worse. Like 80% for McGinn

Actually went like McGinn>Hourihane>Barkley>Daylight>RLC

Kiwi - how do your stats on something like tackles factor in the fact that Chelsea might have the ball twice as much as us, so have less tackles to make? Just curious!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rayk said:

Couldn’t agree more. In 12-18 months time Ramsey is that no 8 for us, so loan him out to the Championship and bring in RLC on loan for this season.

Right - people say ‘why develop a player for someone else?’ - well sometimes it should be so one of our players can be developing elsewhere...

• Like 3