Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Confident it won’t happen but if, by the end of the transfer window, either Trez or El Ghazi are starting games for us (unless it’s covering for injuries/suspensions) then I will be massively disappointed and concerned.

If we signed another two wingers or WF then I would be happy for them to be sold but it depends on our funds and business. Our standards have to be raised this season though, considerably.

Dean must be feeling the same and will have advised the “transfer committee” accordingly. We need strength and competition in CM too and a LB would be a major boost. Maybe we can wait until Jan for a CB (although we could really do with one unless Engels returns) and maybe even a CF if our spending is restricted for now. The WFs may be able to fill in capably e.g. Rashica & Traore. There’s only so much we can do and quality is needed over quantity. Who knows though, maybe we are going to spend more than any of us expect? Or maybe we can only spend so much on a few specific positions...

We need major improvement and a relegation battle will not be tolerated by anyone, including the owners. Jack seems convinced we will have a very different team & season...

Anyway, I’m positive we will do well and sign the players we need. Just hard not to be a little impatient.

RLC is a box to box midfielder. Tall, versatile, powerful, 24. I can't think of many better fits for us tbh.

Also, he can play in midfield with Grealish ahead of him and say, Sarr or Rashica, Watkins and Traore up front.  He'd compete with McGinn essentially and replace Hourihane in the squad.

If Chelsea are getting rid of Rudiger we'll have him too. 

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I don't think we wil loan anybody if we can't buy them. And while I agree Barkley is very talented, I think RLC would be better for us.

As for Percy, his record and integrity speak for themselves. That said he's not above the occasional bit of speculation in lieu of actual news.

So if these don't come to pass after the King "bid" are people going to continue to give him free pass and the stupid Percy at the back post comments?

2 minutes ago, deeps said:

Isn’t RLC always injured?

eason Injury from until Days Games missed
18/19 Achilles tendon rupture May 15, 2019 Feb 19, 2020 280 days 38Chelsea FC
17/18 Injury to the ankle Dec 28, 2017 Mar 31, 2018 93 days 14Crystal Palace
17/18 Thigh Muscle Strain Sep 28, 2017 Oct 19, 2017 21 days 2Crystal Palace
17/18 groin strain Aug 21, 2017 Sep 11, 2017 21 days 3

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Done stats comparison on Barkley and McGinn last season based on average and McGinn pisses all over him in pretty much every facet especially in tackling department

Yep, sounds about right. And that was in a season where McGinn spent a third injured and a third well off it.

Straight up don't want Barkley. He'll cost a fortune and will never learn on certain things.

RLC loads of potential but injuries a huge concern. He'd come here on well over £100k a week as well.

Barkley or RLC would be very welcome additions. Agree RLC probably slightly better fit as he's younger and more of a box to box midfielder which suits us. Barkley has played in the number 8 role a fair bit but best position is probably a number 10 and defensively he's not as strong. Either one would improve us though. 

Loftus Cheek not in the squad tonight against Barnsley so would seem he's more likely to be allowed out (either on loan or permanently) by Lampard. Hopefully we press ahead with this quickly, would give a huge boost to our CM area. 

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Yep, sounds about right. And that was in a season where McGinn spent a third injured and a third well off it.

Straight up don't want Barkley. He'll cost a fortune and will never learn on certain things.

RLC loads of potential but injuries a huge concern. He'd come here on well over £100k a week as well.

I did average comparison to account for different minutes played. RLC was even worse. Like 80% for McGinn

Actually went like McGinn>Hourihane>Barkley>Daylight>RLC