Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

We definitely need another striker, or winger that can play striker, my point was simply you don't load up with oranges. You have an orange, an apple and a peach. Options means more than like for like replacements.

These days football is like the army you find people who can do the job others can do. In the army you teach the man down your job and Versatility is a good thing, in football's case it allows rotation when injurys occur and theres always someone who can pick the slack up.

Like you I  believe we need multi role professionals, it would make sure we donot get in as much trouble as we did last season. 

I think we need an attacking midfielder who can swap on to both Wings if it ever required it. I also thing we need a striker like you who can move onto the Wings if need be. Having a Winger who can fit across any of the flanks and even do a midfield job would be nice. A CB that if were attacking and briefly need an attacking threat an extra man can come up and support from the midfield, but knows when to back off, couldnt have a big guy for that job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I think Wesley is better too. Tammy is a good striker for a top championship team or a good top 6 back striker. Otherwise he's not that useful.  Don't forget Tammy takes penalties so his goal stats are bolstered by that.

When we got promoted I thought then, as I do now that Tammy is worth 25m but not a penny more, nothing has happened for me to change that. If he was playing for us last season do you really think he would've scored more than 10 to 12 goals Wesley probably would've scored had he stayed fit? I don't.

He contributes very little to the build up, for a tall guy he is lightweight, not creative. He is a goal hanger with a little bit of pace, nothing more. In the championship i rated him, in the Premier league he is average.

From the little I have seen of Watkins he looks twice the player Tammy is.

I like Tammy.....but I think you are on the right lines.

8 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Seems to me that Tammy, Maupay and Wesley are all of a similar level looking at stats alone. However Tammy being the youngest has a higher ceiling than the oldest in Maupay. And Wesley has had the hardest job, in adapting to a new country, league, and not speaking the language. 

Personally I think this comparison reflects well on Wesley and he may very well be the best of this trio.

I think there is a lot of unfinished business with Wesley.

I think Tammy made a mistake in not staying with us.......we are WIP so is he, he might regret staying with an established team who want much more than he can give.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

These days football is like the army you find people who can do the job others can do. In the army you teach the man down your job and Versatility is a good thing, in football's case it allows rotation when injurys occur and theres always someone who can pick the slack up.

Like you I  believe we need multi role professionals, it would make sure we donot get in as much trouble as we did last season. 

I think we need an attacking midfielder who can swap on to both Wings if it ever required it. I also thing we need a striker like you who can move onto the Wings if need be. Having a Winger who can fit across any of the flanks and even do a midfield job would be nice. A CB that if were attacking and briefly need an attacking threat an extra man can come up and support from the midfield, but knows when to back off, couldnt have a big guy for that job.

I take all that in Dave and don't disagree......but what concerns me, is when we haven't got the ball.....what are our prospects then?....is that being consideredby anyone, inc the club.?

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Wesley

Goals 5

Ex Goals 7

Of you scale it up you get a slightly worse ratio than Tammy's.

Shots 27

On target 18

Significantly better ratio than Tammy's. Wesley's supply was clearly vastly inferior.

Offsides 14 

Less than Tammy's which is expected as Tammy will look to run in behind more.

Fouled

Wesley 43 in 20 games

Tammy 17 in 26 games

Wes is fouled way more, and thus wins more set piece opportunities.

Pass completion 72% for the isolated figure that is Wesley. Tammy's is 69%.

Defending is once again in Wesley's favour, more tackles, but less interceptions. Higher successful tackle percentage. If average out over the same number of matches then wes has the advantage

Wesley also has given away more fouls. Ironically both players has given away fouls in the same amount as they have won. However I still place slighty more value on Wesley here as he has to do more defending and is often tussling with centre backs a lot more than Tammy. However Tammy from the looks of the stats avoids tussles with defenders in favour of  trying to anticipate their passes.

My summary is that they seem equally as effective at what they do. They are different types of strikers. Wesley is more of a team player, Tammy is focused on scoring goals. However in terms of goals Wesley would only have a couple less goals than tammy given the same service.

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

What a load of tosh, you obviously don’t watch much football.  I don’t mind debating opinions but when your starting point is nonsense then there is no point.  

His breakdown actually is interesting to be fair.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His breakdown actually is interesting to be fair.

Indeed, I'm on nick's side though, from watching Wes he did seem like a drain on the team in several matches that would probably be masked by some of the raw stats.  I'm not saying I don't think he will eventually develop into a good striker as he has so many potential areas of his game that can improve pretty sharply but I would take Tammy in a heartbeat if he was available in the next few weeks.  I just think he would be instantly on Jack's wavelength.  I'm not sure what a fair price for him would be though, £40m would be the upper limit I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

He's well out of favour and rightly so, I think. No issue with letting him go if we have a CB lined up and we get a good offer for him.

too slow in his work.....thats a danger at this level.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Basically the modern 3 forwards, at the best clubs are like hybrids between wingers and strikers, who can also interchange, just look at liverpool.

I now pen the new "position name" for this new type of play/position/player.

a "Winker".

the mid 00's and most of the 10's were the era of the False 9, the 20's will be the era of the Winker.

as long as they don't become the w_nker....we'll be alright.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Causes PTSD which ruins my day-to-day life? Sounds about right.

I spose firework smoke can be blamed as mustard gas and shits to the balls can be considered as shell shock.

7 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Agree about Terry but the Premier League is a very different place now.

Aye it's become far more technical than it used to be. The purely physical PL has gone. 

Unless of course you think Jack is too small/slow/weak?

• Like 1