Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Is that all anyone cares about these days?

John Terry is arguably the best premier league CB.... ever.

It's more to do with being slow over the first few yards or slow turning which I reckon is Engels's issue.  His top speed was actually quite high from what I remember but by the time a centre half sprints long enough to get to top speed then it could already be too late.  You need to have more explosive pace over a few yards nowadays imo.  Positioning and strength also help obviously.

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Yes because Wesley, Davis and Kodja was clearly insufficient. Kodja was 29 about to be 30 never played at that level. Davis talented but injury prone, and questionable goalscoring instincts. Wesley unproven, inexperienced, coming from Belgium, with no English

Most of Villatalk was unanimously calling for a quality Kodja Replacement at the very least.

Why not a player who was very good for Burnley before struggling with injury and world class forwards a head of him.

? Wesley spoke perfectly good English while playing in Belgium, did he forget how to speak it when we signed him ? 

Just now, brummybloke said:

? Wesley spoke perfectly good English while playing in Belgium, did he forget how to speak it when we signed him ? 

The recent interview with Jack indicated Wesley’s English wasn’t as fluent as many believe but they still managed to click and enjoy playing together (cue obligatory KW gif 👍

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

we might let engels go cantr believe that

We won’t let him go without a replacement or two both Engels and House aren’t good enough but house is good in the air at the very least and isn’t slow.

Engels turns way too slow

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I think Rio would far better in today’s league than Terry but then terry wasn’t exactly slow

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Interesting that Liverpool are selling academy prospects in Brewster for £20 mill + & Dutch RB linked to wolves for £10mill. They certainly know how to obtain best value when selling... 

They also want a buy back clause as part of the deal for Brewster, I heard. 

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Was good Upto that Southampton game when he got done for pace all game

Before that Sterling and Silva terrorised him and Guilbert. They ran rings around Engels and Guilbert suffered because he keep having to help out Engels, even though he was struggling with Sterling himself.

45 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

But he was aggressive and anticipated the danger before it occurred. JT was one of the best readers of the game at centre back ever. But Rio was better.

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The recent interview with Jack indicated Wesley’s English wasn’t as fluent as many believe but they still managed to click and enjoy playing together (cue obligatory KW gif 👍

It's also worth remembering it's one thing understanding your English teacher when they speak slowly and clearly, it's another understanding stuff shouted in a match with a Brummie/Scottish/Irish accent. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I'm just not getting the he couldn't speak English thing thats still going around. Its documented he was having English lessons 2 years before we signed him. So clearly while not perfect, it would have been perfectly acceptable. Like all new languages, living in a place where it is mainly spoken, it improves further but the he couldn't speak the language thing ?

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson has admitted he is surprised there has not been any interest from a Champions League club in winger Wilfried Zaha in this transfer window.

He said: "As far as I'm concerned, I'm always pleased when no one comes in for him but I'm also surprised as I rate him very highly. He has such ability and is such a match-winner that one can never be certain that it's not going to happen.

"I enjoy every game he plays and every moment that I work with him, and I hope it'll continue for a long time. But at the same time, I am a bit surprised that we've not been inundated with offers because I think he has that level of ability." 

i almost get the feeling Hodgson actually wants someone to come and pay big bucks for him, i think the club need the money to strengthen and they actually want rid (for the right price), hodgson almost seems upset there hasnt been interest.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's daylight robbery surely?

Is there some reason that Liverpool want to keep Mendes happy?

ye is a little strange as he's not even a regular for wolves?

who knows, maybe klopp will turn him in to an 80m striker and sell him on like they seem to do with a lot of over hyped players?

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's daylight robbery surely?

Is there some reason that Liverpool want to keep Mendes happy?

If you consider he got 16 goals and 6 assists  last season plus he is only 23 it’s probably about right. We paid about 7m less for a player who’s never played in this league. 

edit: a lot of those were in Europe though tbf. I personally think he will do ok as a squad player for them but they could probably find better.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

so Spurs loan Bale for a season, gonna cost 15m fee apparently, and they pay half of his 600k a week salary?

madness.

shall we start taking bets on what his injury record will be this season?

Edited by MaVilla