Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sky reporting that we are set to make an audacious loan move to bring in Ross Barkley from Chelsea and we are hoping to have him in time for the Liverpool match.

No chance. Next you'll be telling me we're going to stick 7 passed them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Long pointless story.. short version... private plane went from Venice to Birmingham earlier.

Yes, I know. I highlighted the bit that I questioned. 

People travel and do business all over the world, how can anyone claim two locations are unrelated?  

This is how I see the squad:

GK: absolutely fine here with Martinez and Heaton to come back, need to offload Nyland and Kalinic if poss

DF: I personally think our LB and CB backup options are a concern, if Mings or Konsa gets injured I worry our reserves are good enough and likewise at LB. Would have been good to get someone like Sessegnon or Foyth from Spurs. Perfectly happy for Guilbert and Cash to stay as RB options but they seem to want to let Fred go.

MF: CM options are fine with decent backup in Hourihane and Nakamba. Out wide I still feel we could strengthen more, only brought Traore in. Rashica/Sarr/Buendia/Benrahma/King would all improve our squad. I'd like to see El Ghazi stay as much as others don't seem to agree, but would be happy if he was a makewight in a deal for one of the wide players listed.

ST: should be fine if Watkins stays fit (which his background suggests he will) but with Davis as the only other option until Wesley comes back we're a little light here. Signing someone like King would be ideal as he can cover ST and winger. 

It's a bit disappointing to hear our business may be done but I hope they're working on something in the background. Seeing that fantastic performance and result last night gives us an opportunity to bring one more high profile player to the club and really make it a great season. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Sky reporting that we are set to make an audacious loan move to bring in Ross Barkley from Chelsea and we are hoping to have him in time for the Liverpool match.

time travel tardis GIF by Doctor Who

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yes, I know. I highlighted the bit that I questioned. 

People travel and do business all over the world, how can anyone claim two locations are unrelated?  

That was my point.  While covid and brexit are going on,  there is less connecting us and Venice than would be the case under normal conditions. I wasn't being entirely serious though, just speculating and trying to make something out of nothing. Passing the time etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

To steal @est1874's thunder from the Rashica thread,  and given it is more likely any other player in the world than Rashica, a private jet landed in Birmingham about 4pm, that set off from Venice.

If anyone can suggest a logical reason why such a fight would be happening if not a footballer i'd love to hear it...

They are doing a canal comparison? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm slightly annoyed we lost out on James Justin 

welcome time traveller from 4 months ago........

FYI.....lockdown didnt work too well, tell ur friends in the past to buy bog roll (you will thank me in the future)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

This is how I see the squad:

GK: absolutely fine here with Martinez and Heaton to come back, need to offload Nyland and Kalinic if poss

DF: I personally think our LB and CB backup options are a concern, if Mings or Konsa gets injured I worry our reserves are good enough and likewise at LB. Would have been good to get someone like Sessegnon or Foyth from Spurs. Perfectly happy for Guilbert and Cash to stay as RB options but they seem to want to let Fred go.

MF: CM options are fine with decent backup in Hourihane and Nakamba. Out wide I still feel we could strengthen more, only brought Traore in. Rashica/Sarr/Buendia/Benrahma/King would all improve our squad. I'd like to see El Ghazi stay as much as others don't seem to agree, but would be happy if he was a makewight in a deal for one of the wide players listed.

ST: should be fine if Watkins stays fit (which his background suggests he will) but with Davis as the only other option until Wesley comes back we're a little light here. Signing someone like King would be ideal as he can cover ST and winger. 

It's a bit disappointing to here our business may be done but I hope they're working on something in the background. Seeing that fantastic performance and result last night gives us an opportunity to bring one more high profile player to the club and really make it a great season. 

Don't be disappointed. We still have until the 16th to sign most of those wingers, with the exception of Rashica (Although Watford are refusing to let Sarr leave on loan and are demanding something crazy like £60million for him).

Plus, as has been exhaustively discussed we were never going to fix every issue for various reasons.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

welcome time traveller from 4 months ago........

FYI.....lockdown didnt work too well, tell ur friends in the past to buy bog roll (you will thank me in the future)

4 months? He signed in June 2019

• Like 1