Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If the Owners can afford depth and after hearing what Jack had to say in tonight's video and talking about the Owners and his decision to stay was because of the plans laid out to him. It all fills me with confidence that we will be seeing a fair few quality players joining us still and even some reinforcements next window that would of been the January window.

I think our Owners wanted to keep Jack and would of had to make certain promises to him to keep him saying more Villa please for another five years.

The way Jack spoke about the Owners and Villa sounded like anybody could of tried there luck but really Jack knew where he was signing.

I think were going to see a serious attacking midfielder come in, a right Winger if Traore hasnt already been signed. I think we could possible see another Left Back and CB, maybe even one or two additions for the bench.

I am way more excited by all this news than I was for my birthday.

In all fairness when you get to your age they all blur into one anyway

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Martinez 

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

McGinn Luiz

Traore Grealish Rashica

Watkins

Will this ultimately be the preferred XI?

After last night, I'm more concerned about our second 11 than our first 11.  Not a lot of quality on the bench to push our top players and manage future injuries.

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

After last night, I'm more concerned about our second 11 than our first 11.  Not a lot of quality on the bench to push our top players and manage future injuries.

You could say that about half the teams in PL 

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Our 2nd 11 is basically our 1st 11 from last year.

17 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

It will be a much improved situation than last season with Wesley, Heaton, Gilbert, Davis, AEG, Trez, Hause who all started many games last season on the bench.  I was impressed by Ramsey and hopefully we get a CB and CM before the window closes.

Edited by MJ_1874
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, grobs said:

I’m pretty sure Percy released an article earlier today stating we will still be after a winger and a striker after traore 

That’s all well and good but after last nights display we clearly need a CB for at least the squad depth, maybe even a starter if we have the money. 
And even more important has to be a LB as we currently only have Targett who is good but has some flaws ( personally I do like the lad, he tries hard and works well the Jack so in a better team could push on another level this season) .. But who else do we have that can play there as Taylor is clearly a mid table championship level player.

Edited by Cosmik Debris
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yes but will that midfield two be good enough defensively? What happens with an injury to one of the centre backs, Luiz or Targett...

it’s suddenly much weaker especially central defence 

Could try to get Gbamin on loan with an option to buy from Everton. 

19 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

That’s all well and good but after last nights display we clearly need a CB for at least the squad depth, maybe even a starter if we have the money. 
And even more important has to be a RB as we currently only have Targett who is good but has some flaws ( personally I do like the lad, he tries hard and works well the Jack so in a better team could push on another level this season) .. But who else do we have that can play there as Taylor is clearly a mid table championship level player.

Guilbert can play either flank...was hoping to see him there last night

24 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

How can that be when we have only so far signed Watkins and Cash so far?

Nearly everyone who started last season wont be in this years team. I'm assuming the 3 incoming players all arrive as planned of course.

My point being that the second 11 this year will be much stronger than last year.