Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, RicRic said:

Sorry but no we really shouldnt take this approach .. this is not the way for us to go... grealish should be in the middle and a new player on the left and a new player on the right is essential because then you have mcginn and hourihane/lansbury besides him with luiz just behind, of course none of them players hourihane/lansbury should be starting for us . We need more players fresh additions on both sides and we know grealish is great in that position too. Two pacy wingers on both sides and grealish in the middle with watkins up top .. anything other doesnt make sense 

Why would you send grealish back to the center if hes been proven more of a threat and more a creative player on the left. Sometimes players may be one position but may actually be better of somewhere else.

I wouldnt put Grealish back in the centre not unless we went out and spent a fortune bringing someone more than capable on the left in. Were not going to do that because Grealish was for alot of stats and how he played on the field was just as good as any player out there??

It isnt absolutely beyond a doubt a must that Jack ends up back in the center, there are reason why these days alot of players are not just one dimensional.

I think the best plan would be to buy someone who can play centre and the left and at any point during the game Grealish and the new left winger/Midfielder can be switched round and we can take advantage of changing things up. If we dont go ahead and do that buying a new Left Winger there is no harm in us splending a fair bit on a creative attacking midfielder.

I do think we need to buy a creative attacking midfielder with the ability to captain a team anyway, no offense to Grealish but you dont exactly see him go barking orders on field, not when hes mostly on the floor from taking a bashing. Which brings me to my other point, Grealish can get very frustrated when hes put on the floor, our captain needs to be level headed all the time and as relaxed as much as possible, no way is Jack going to feel like that once hes been kicked a d took down like it's an episode of WWE. We need a real captain because all we mostly see is our captain on the floor  Captains have alot to do in game and Grealish should be able to just get on and do what Grealish needs to do to do Grealish things and I think it does to a degree interferes with him being captain, its looks tough for Jack at times to do the things he needs to do on field then all of a sudden have to switch to Captain mode. An example in this would be that Mings is already in a defensive mindset, cool 99% of the time and he can see the field on most player in front of him (not saying it should be Mings) but you should see where I'm coming from as while Mings is defending hes already barking orders at people and sorting defensive cuts out to players in the team. Yes Grealish wears the armband but you have to admit it never does look like he does much in the way of leadership, the lad is always busy on the floor from being took down, telling ref off because there way to lenient or having a tiff with the player who just legged him over and that's ok but it does take time out from the captain mode and it certainly puts him into a different emotional mode. 

I think we need to buy someone who can captain a side, who can play midfield, on the left and possibly right. Have any of us ever asked what do we do for captain if Grealish get injured or banned, we have seen it where we become a mess, we do need someone especially now with equal or better talent than Jack and yes it will cost but we need someone who can take over from him with ease and add a different flavour to the game.

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

A sensible wage bill is the road to nowhere.

These owners are ambitious.

I should have said 'wages' rather than 'wage bill'. Overpaying everyone will not make them any better. Using money we have saved on others to target better players with higher demands obviously will.

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why would you send grealish back to the center if hes been proven more of a threat and more a creative player on the left. Sometimes players may be one position but may actually be better of somewhere else.

I wouldnt put Grealish back in the centre not unless we went out and spent a fortune bringing someone more than capable on the left in. Were not going to do that because Grealish was for alot of stats and how he played on the field was just as good as any player out there??

It isnt absolutely beyond a doubt a must that Jack ends up back in the center, there are reason why these days alot of players are not just one dimensional.

I think the best plan would be to buy someone who can play centre and the left and at any point during the game Grealish and the new left winger/Midfielder can be switched round and we can take advantage of changing things up. If we dont go ahead and do that buying a new Left Winger there is no harm in us splending a fair bit on a creative attacking midfielder.

I do think we need to buy a creative attacking midfielder with the ability to captain a team anyway, no offense to Grealish but you dont exactly see him go barking orders on field, not when hes mostly on the floor from taking a bashing. Which brings me to my other point, Grealish can get very frustrated when hes put on the floor, our captain needs to be level headed all the time and as relaxed as much as possible, no way is Jack going to feel like that once hes been kicked a d took down like it's an episode of WWE. We need a real captain because all we mostly see is our captain on the floor  Captains have alot to do in game and Grealish should be able to just get on and do what Grealish needs to do to do Grealish things and I think it does to a degree interferes with him being captain, its looks tough for Jack at times to do the things he needs to do on field then all of a sudden have to switch to Captain mode. An example in this would be that Mings is already in a defensive mindset, cool 99% of the time and he can see the field on most player in front of him (not saying it should be Mings) but you should see where I'm coming from as while Mings is defending hes already barking orders at people and sorting defensive cuts out to players in the team. Yes Grealish wears the armband but you have to admit it never does look like he does much in the way of leadership, the lad is always busy on the floor from being took down, telling ref off because there way to lenient or having a tiff with the player who just legged him over and that's ok but it does take time out from the captain mode and it certainly puts him into a different emotional mode. 

I think we need to buy someone who can captain a side, who can play midfield, on the left and possibly right. Have any of us ever asked what do we do for captain if Grealish get injured or banned, we have seen it where we become a mess, we do need someone especially now with equal or better talent than Jack and yes it will cost but we need someone who can take over from him with ease and add a different flavour to the game.

Okay good points.. if we play grealish on the left we need a bloody damn good AM maybe the guy from Valencia Uros Racic or someone of that calibre for me to feel comfortable that we have enough quality in that midfield because i don’t believe Traore and Grealish will give us enough quality in that midfield. So we need to ensure that we do exactly that if we want to have Grealish playing at LW 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So if what Percy said is true we are looking at Martinez, Traore, Rashica, a new ST and a new CM coming in before the window closes.

Can't see a CB coming in sadly.

That Chris Mepham link was a bit random. Almost a "so random, it has to be true" kind of random. Have a feeling we might bring him in too.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

We don’t know the terms of Mings’s and Dougie’s new contracts. It might be a smallish, say 10k, a week raise this season with a larger increase based on performance at the end of the season. That would be okay. But we don’t know what’s been agreed. 

Mings caught the train after the playoff final. Can't be on more than a couple of hundred quid a week

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Okay good points.. if we play grealish on the left we need a bloody damn good AM maybe the guy from Valencia Uros Racic or someone of that calibre for me to feel comfortable that we have enough quality in that midfield because i don’t believe Traore and Grealish will give us enough quality in that midfield. So we need to ensure that we do exactly that if we want to have Grealish playing at LW 

When i think of a player taking over Grealish dutys in midfield always think of Erikson when he was at spurs. That kind of player would be so important to us, and would fit the Smith style with ease. One thing I used to love about Erikson is the way hed lurk around the corners and edges of the box and from out of anywhere he could have the ball in his possession. Also not to mention Erikson could cause some problems for defenses and could lose a shot of from anywhere and just about score.

Have we signed Traore now then RicTic do you know?? Having Traore on the right, Grealish on the left, Watkins in the middle is looking really exciting, almost orgasmic. In fact the setting its on tremble and to finish the excitement off we need that Attacking Midfielder to get to earth shattering orgasmic levels.

man women GIF