Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, sne said:

Benfica just crashed out of the CL, guess they'll be listening to offers for some of their players now.

Surprised they signed Everton Soares, thought he would’ve gone to one of the top leagues.

Oh and btw, Wolves will be right in there so no one else will get a chance 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I honestly dont think we can expect to sign Cash, Watkins, one/two wingers, cm a gk and then another defender. Both in terms of FFP and also I don't think it's a good idea to radically change the team again. Even with Martinez and a winger on top of the two so far we'll probs break 100m. We can't expect to build a complete squad in a couple of seasons.

If the Owners can afford depth and after hearing what Jack had to say in tonight's video and talking about the Owners and his decision to stay was because of the plans laid out to him. It all fills me with confidence that we will be seeing a fair few quality players joining us still and even some reinforcements next window that would of been the January window.

I think our Owners wanted to keep Jack and would of had to make certain promises to him to keep him saying more Villa please for another five years.

The way Jack spoke about the Owners and Villa sounded like anybody could of tried there luck but really Jack knew where he was signing.

I think were going to see a serious attacking midfielder come in, a right Winger if Traore hasnt already been signed. I think we could possible see another Left Back and CB, maybe even one or two additions for the bench.

I am way more excited by all this news than I was for my birthday.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I honestly dont think we can expect to sign Cash, Watkins, one/two wingers, cm a gk and then another defender. Both in terms of FFP and also I don't think it's a good idea to radically change the team again. Even with Martinez and a winger on top of the two so far we'll probs break 100m. We can't expect to build a complete squad in a couple of seasons.

Radical change is needed if we don’t want to fight a relegation battle again...

Squad is poor quality, hopeless without Grealish.

We are sorting that now...

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Radical change is needed if we don’t want to fight a relegation battle again...

Squad is poor quality, hopeless without Grealish.

We are sorting that now...

You still haven't told me what to type to bring up that Homer into bushes variation gif 

No doubt after the Grealish interview tonight that the Villa owners are very ambitious. I know he would cost a lot but James Tarkowski at Burnley would be a fantastic signing. With Mings you would immediately have a top 8 CB pairing with Konsa as first change.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, striker said:

No doubt after the Grealish interview tonight that the Villa owners are very ambitious. I know he would cost a lot but James Tarkowski at Burnley would be a fantastic signing. With Mings you would immediately have a top 8 CB pairing with Konsa as first change.

Wait, what did Grealish say in the interview?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Yea I agree that’s around 100 million.

i personally don’t think we can expect as in an entitlement that our owners will keep putting in huge amounts of money year on year for transfers.

Having said that to buy the club, sort the debt, sell the stadium to themselves, spend 140 million on transfers last year and probably at least 100 million this year I don’t think there is any current indication that they won’t continue which is fantastic for us as a club as we will continue to rise and solidify our position for a the time when they decide to sell or stop funding it the way they have thus far.

If we assume the goalkeeper and two wide forwards are being signed soon, we are missing a defensive midfielder, centre back and left back. Whether we sort that this summer or next who knows but those are the next priorities to as you say have a full squad of premier league quality players to reassess from that point where we are and what needs to be done to move forward.

I would like to see the dead wood being moved as well.

Edited by paul514

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Martinez 

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

McGinn Luiz

Traore Grealish Rashica

Watkins

Will this ultimately be the preferred XI?

Yes but will that midfield two be good enough defensively? What happens with an injury to one of the centre backs, Luiz or Targett...

it’s suddenly much weaker especially central defence 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Yes but will that midfield two be good enough defensively? What happens with an injury to one of the centre backs, Luiz or Targett...

it’s suddenly much weaker especially central defence 

If one of the CBs get injured, that’s an easy one Engels or Hause come in.

I do agree, that our back up options at DCM and LB are pretty rubbish but that will be the same whatever formation we play.

I guess the real question is can SJM be more disciplined defensively to make the line up work because if he can’t he becomes the weak link.

6 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Cash - £14m

Watkins £28m

Martinez - £18m

Traore - £18m

Thats £78m according to my abacus....meaning there’s £22m left. So we could still buy Rashica without hitting the £100m mark.

I think spending more than that will mean offloading some of the deadwood but from a wages perspective than transfer fees.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

That midfield makes me nervous for some reason - think it would get overrun. Maybe at home we can play *that* attacking. Away from home I wouldn’t feel comfortable playing that. 

I agree. We need some steel in there

• Like 1