Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yep. And our performances in the transfer windows will also have a bearing. Our ambition.

Or his increase in wages would put City off. Let's say he was £25k a week at City, signing for us he is maybe on £40k? City may see him as a £40k a week signing but if we up him to £100k or so they may have seconds thoughts.

Just now, Tez500 said:

Or his increase in wages would put City off. Let's say he was £25k a week at City, signing for us he is maybe on £40k? City may see him as a £40k a week signing but if we up him to £100k or so they may have seconds thoughts.

I genuinely feel City will have been scouting the "Next Luiz" for a couple of years already, if they haven't already found him

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

How definite is it that after martinez, traore and rashica that we are looking for other additions?

Tbh if the ink dries on all 3 of those deals I will be very very happy with our business.

In a (very) ideal world I'd love a truly quality LB and some proper back-up for CB and CM, but I'll file that next to Amy Adams fantasies.............. for now.............

13 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

No chance he gets anything near £100k.

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

No chance he gets anything near £100k.

Why not? Jack has hust been given £140k a week if reports are to be believed. That will be the yardstick used in all future contract negotiations. 

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

These owners mean business. Can we please all agree on that now?

Don't see the point in it unless its performance related at the end of the season ? 

I get jack has been given a new contract so his wage may be disproportionate to the rest but its a way of causing issues in the camp.

All 3 had new contracts last year, increasing their contracts for the sake of it seems a quick way to reach our financial limits.

15 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

Why not? Jack has hust been given £140k a week if reports are to be believed. That will be the yardstick used in all future contract negotiations. 

I just don't see why we'd double it after half a decent season. It would completely undo all the work on keeping the wage bill sensible. 

• Like 1

We don’t know the terms of Mings’s and Dougie’s new contracts. It might be a smallish, say 10k, a week raise this season with a larger increase based on performance at the end of the season. That would be okay. But we don’t know what’s been agreed. 

It has to be part of the business plan the pay your senior players well. Jack and the other 3 are vital to this team and deserve a wage that reflects that AND make any potential suitors think twice before pursuing them. It's win win. The slippery slope is when you bring players in on high wages and long term contracts and they don't improve the first team.

• Like 2

Right we need a deputy LB another First XI CB, CM/DM and being greedy another striker. 

Danny Rose, Duje Caleta-Car/kristoffer Ajer, Conor Gallagher (loan) Uros Racic. Edouard/Brewster. = squad complete 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1