Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 minutes ago, alf_stewart said:

Not suggesting Dion is ITK, but the club must have a well-developed plan for if Jack’s situation changes quite quickly? If he’s 100% committed and the club knows this, why is isn’t there a statement (or at least some loose reassurance) in the public domain?

Once bitten, twice shy? 

c0076-0ky6rm6b1lbwvqibl.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alf_stewart said:

Case in point - so original question: What’s the contingency plan in a world where Jack or the club receives a late offer that they can’t refuse?

I've no idea, I'm sure there is one and they are probably wisely not trumpeting to the World what it is. That would actually be quite an odd thing to do. 

I was merely postulating why they might not put out a public statement about Jack staying. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We won’t sign a back up striker unless he’s a young prospect with lots of potential. We already have Samatta who won’t be a starter and let’s be kind and say is very average. 

If we sign another striker I believe he’ll be a starter or at least as good as Watkins theoretically. I believe if that happens it casts serious don’t on the future of Wes. Either doubts about his recover or his ability/suitably to our future set up.

I think Lange and Smith view things very differently than Suso. We’re buying high energy players with pace and it’s hard to see Wes as having those qualities. Viva la evolution! 

Wes is back in Brum now continuing his rehab. Xmas return.

8 minutes ago, alf_stewart said:

Case in point - so original question: What’s the contingency plan in a world where Jack or the club receives a late offer that they can’t refuse?

Sorry to butt in but the owners will have set a timeline for any offers from serious buyers - absolutely no way to run a club selling key players at the last minute - it is not happening. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've no idea, I'm sure there is one and they are probably wisely not trumpeting to the World what it is. That would actually be quite an odd thing to do. 

I was merely postulating why they might not put out a public statement about Jack staying. 

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sorry to butt in but the owners will have set a timeline for any offers from serious buyers - absolutely no way to run a club selling key players at the last minute - it is not happening. 

He's worth more then Sancho, he going no where

37 minutes ago, alf_stewart said:

Not suggesting Dion is ITK, but the club must have a well-developed plan for if Jack’s situation changes quite quickly? If he’s 100% committed and the club knows this, why is isn’t there a statement (or at least some loose reassurance) in the public domain?

Because its beneath them, they shouldn't be being sucked in to the transfer rumour circus 

Look around the league, very few articles get any kind of response from an owner 

Omg cant people stop with the Grealish leaving ,seriously if it happens, It will happen.

I am surprised with some of you that this isnt the no1 talked about thing on the net.

Edited by Dave-R

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It could be that there’s an agreement in place whereby Villa do all their buying first, and that when that’s complete the sale of Grealish goes through. That would help to stop us getting royally fleeced by clubs who knew we had a huge chunk of money and desperately needed to replace our talisman, we’d be over a barrel. It would be sensible and good business to go about any potential sale in that manner. I’m not saying I think this is the case, merely that it’s a possibility and would be sensible. I think our owners are the type of successful, sensible businessmen that would maximise the situation.

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

It could be that there’s an agreement in place whereby Villa do all their buying first, and that when that’s complete the sale of Grealish goes through. That would help to stop us getting royally fleeced by clubs who knew we had a huge chunk of money and desperately needed to replace our talisman, we’d be over a barrel. It would be sensible and good business to go about any potential sale in that manner. I’m not saying I think this is the case, merely that it’s a possibility and would be sensible. I think our owners are the type of successful, sensible businessmen that would maximise the situation.

Sorry no likes left but absolutely what you say. I suppose I just don’t see it coming, goes against quite public statements to the contrary, usually back the wrong horse though! 

Jack and Delph are different scenarios. Everyone knows how much he loves this club, and there’s no indication United will bid. Let’s enjoy the squad improvements and avoid catastrophism on it. We have lots of money to spend and improve the squad, especially with FFP being relaxed. 

• Like 1