Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

AEG is playing back up this year and Taylor won’t go unless we sign a left back.

Yeah. Can't complain about only having AEG and Trez as wide attacking options then let one go unless bring in multiple replacements

• Like 1

We just have to remember we can't upgrade every position on the pitch this window.

So far we have done:

Striker - Watkins

Right Back - Cash

We roughly have 56 million left to spend if the 100 million transfer budget was true.

Left Wing - Rashica

Goalkeeper - Martinez

This leaves us roughly 8 million left. I would imagine we could pump our budget up to 120 million at a push and get one more player in.

For me the priority now would be either central midfield or right wing. Central midfield is only a priority if we don't plan on moving Grealish there.

31 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

We just have to remember we can't upgrade every position on the pitch this window.

So far we have done:

Striker - Watkins

Right Back - Cash

We roughly have 56 million left to spend if the 100 million transfer budget was true.

Left Wing - Rashica

Goalkeeper - Martinez

This leaves us roughly 8 million left. I would imagine we could pump our budget up to 120 million at a push and get one more player in.

For me the priority now would be either central midfield or right wing. Central midfield is only a priority if we don't plan on moving Grealish there.

I wouldn't read too much into all that bollocks to be honest. If they can sign the right quality for the right positions at the right price and within FFP rules they'll do it.

We're not going to sign all of Brewster, Rashica, Edouard, King, Traore and Benrahma, there's obviously some bullshit there. I'd think they'll bring in 2 of those, 3 if Grealish ends up leaving but i don't think he will.

Otherwise i'd like to think that they'll still be looking at a centre mid as it stands, they'll probably look to offload Lansbury and Jota and maybe Samatta as well as the 2 surplus GK's and then if the rumours are true about the likes of Engels and Nakamba possibly going then i think they'll directly replace those too.

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8726761/Crystal-Palace-set-win-20m-race-Brentford-star-Said-Benrahma.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed_desktop_sport

Crystal Palace look to have a clear path to sign Said Benrahma from Brentford after their major rivals pulled out the race to land the winger.

Aston Villa and West Ham had also been keen on the 25-year-old but their interest has faded in recent weeks.

According to The Sun, that leaves Palace in line for a £20million swoop for the Algerian, with the London club keen to avoid going into a bidding war.

Benrahma has been a star at Brentford since joining the club two years ago, proving key to their march into the play-offs last term, but has ambitions on moving up to the Premier League having settled in London

With Palace having recently landed another talented forward in Eberechi Eze from QPR, Roy Hodgson's side are hoping picking up the best talent in the Championship that could help them avoid a Premier League relegation battle this term.

The Eagles' from plummeted after lockdown to leave them in the lower reaches of mid-table having previously been fighting for a European spot.

But while the potential arrival of Benrahma does mean more attacking options on the wing, it does put pressure on the future of the likes of Andros Townsend.

Should the finances fit, the Eagles may even be tempted to sell the former England international in a bid to freshen up the faces at Selhurst Park. 

The report also claims another star could be on his way out of the Eagles dressing room, with Club Brugge lining up a £10million swoop for Christian Benteke. 

The Eagles got their Premier League campaign off to a perfect start on Saturday with a 1-0 win over Southampton. 

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Got the feeling when watching Palace yesterday that Zaha was on his way out. Looked even more miserable than Ayew did.

Just now, ChinlessWonder said:

Meh. If we're signing Rashica and Traore we won't need him and i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I'm quite sure he won't be any better than those two, probably not as good if anything. Similar situation to 'losing out' on Wilson and then signing Watkins.

Traore looks pants on YouTube and 8 goals 6 assists in 57 games in last 2 seasons

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Traore looks pants on YouTube and 8 goals 6 assists in 57 games in last 2 seasons

Well, if we sign Traore and they sign Benrahma we'll see for ourselves i guess but as i say i'm not bothered about losing out on Benrahma. If the chap wants to stay in London it's out of our hands anyway.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If Palace land Benrahma they'll be nowhere near a relegation battle.

They’ll be nowhere near a relegation battle as long as Hodgson is there. But even with Eze and Benrahma they’ll be grinding out 1-0 wins rather than steamrollering teams.