Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Wouldn't shock me if we got Amapdu from Chelsea on loan last minute (with option to buy).

Went to RB Leipzig last season but didn't play much. Gone back to Chelsea but can't see him getting close to their 11 with what they're signing. Can play CB or DM and was linked to us last ssummer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Wilson would be a good signing he has over 30 goals on this league and is 2 seasons short of 30 years old, £20 million is good value and better than anything we currently have.

Fans need to remember where we are currently. We do not have the pull factor as Everton or Leeds because they have world class managers that Continental players want to play for.

A lot of these players that we desire may not have heard of Dean Smith. Despite that it’s up to Dean Smith to make his mark so that other players in Europe want to work with him.

Sorry mate, Wilson would not be a good signing.  As for the rest of it, it’s just tosh!

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Probably for me. I'm fine with going after Watkins (as long as we don't pay over the odds) and not so keen on Wilson. If we signed both of them I'd be a bit concerned because I get the feeling we'd use Watkins out wide then and that would be a waste.

Now if we signed one of them and a quality winger I'd be pleased with that. 

we're going to do it, you just know it :( what a bloody waste that would be. i'd rather just not bother with watkins if that's the case. he's probably worth 25m as a striker. he's not worth that as a winger and that money could probably buy benrahma or buendia

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Leeds sign an older player who scores less and it's a brilliant signing. We have potential to sign Wilson with a decent premier league scoring record and a decent career scoring record (better than Rodrigo) and it's underwhelming.

Literally cannot win.

Whose said Leeds is a brilliant signing?  Anyway forgetting whataboutism, it’s a no from me for Wilson.

3 hours ago, Okonokos said:

All this "sign players now" nonsense is becoming really tedious and childish. Do you seriously think the club aren't doing everything they can to get the best deals they possibly can and improve the squad? Of course they are. Anyone can see that this transfer window is 100 times more difficult than a normal window. Signings will be made when they're made. We just have to be patient. If that means that we don't have signings in by the first game then so be it. It's really not the end of the world.

I hope they are but not based on the reports im seeing... if like to think that is the case and we better not pay £28M for Watkins that would be the worst decision we make. When we ever learn. Cash is a good signing, but where do we stand with Benrahma if Watkins is valued at £28M. 

Benrahma 

Origi

Cash

GET THESE DONE ASAP!! Before they end up at another club. 

This was our problem last year for not getting players that we know can perform at a level .. all those names mentioned are pretty much players more than capable of handling the pace of the premier league 

I thought the price for Wilson was something like £10m and I still wasn't interested in us signing him. At his age I imagine he'll want a 4 year contract with a hefty wage as well.

Massive no for me. Loan with option to buy would be OK but that's it.

Starting to worry now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Wilson scores 7 goals last season. Add his injury record and no doubt his wages won’t be cheap. It’s a crazy signing - I thought we moved away from signings like this. I’d wager a bet Wesley would’ve scored more if he didn’t get injured and I’m serious. 

Jeez, Wilson is 50x the player of big Wes bless him.

Wilson. Watkins. Wesley. Samatta. Not sure how I feel. I guess we got to get used to £20m being the new £5m-£10m. Wilson does know this league though. Guess it’s a roll of the dice similar to what Southampton did with Ings last summer 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Surprised at the negative sentiment towards Callum Wilson. He's a useful player, and he'd have a lot more service from this Villa team than he did at Bournemouth.

2019/20

Bournemouth expected goals - 49.37

Aston Villa expected goals - 49.84

• Like 1

The lack of movement is clearly down to the market being in a place it has never been before.  Demand vs supply dictates price.  Clubs are rejecting offers they see as below their asking price,  expecting that someone else will stump up the cash,  or they'll stay.

If that doesn't happen, then the only way moves are happening this season is if the buying/ selling club adjust their valuation of a player to match the other or if a player kicks up a fuss and demands a transfer.

If teams have their own siginings in mind but need to sell before they buy, they'll be the first ones to blink when it comes to adjusting their valuation of a player they're selling.  The reverse is true for a team that needs players without having to sell (as is largely the case for most PL teams).

Chelsea are an exception of sorts, but even they jave demonstrated this by spunking way over the perceived odds on a couple of signings. They probably also had some deals "pre agreed" for when their ban was listed

The closer it gets to season start, the more pressure there is for one team to bend. I predict a lot of action very late in the window,  especially if the first few games have gone poorly (doesn't just apply to villa)

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I hope they are but not based on the reports im seeing... if like to think that is the case and we better not pay £28M for Watkins that would be the worst decision we make. When we ever learn. Cash is a good signing, but where do we stand with Benrahma if Watkins is valued at £28M. 

Benrahma 

Origi

Cash

GET THESE DONE ASAP!! Before they end up at another club. 

This was our problem last year for not getting players that we know can perform at a level .. all those names mentioned are pretty much players more than capable of handling the pace of the premier league 

The media talk out of their arse. I wouldn't ever bother looking at reports of who we're linked to. I guarantee the players linked in the media will be different to the ones we're targeting.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I thought the price for Wilson was something like £10m and I still wasn't interested in us signing him. At his age I imagine he'll want a 4 year contract with a hefty wage as well.

Starting to worry now.

Same, I was a bit ‘meh’ at £10m for Wilson. There’s no way I’d pay £20m for him. A proper Bruce signing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Starting to worry now.

Was also going to say this. At £10m I would've been fine with it, but doubling it plus I'm assuming hefty wages (probably be our highest earner) makes me very concerned.

• Like 1