Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Terrible way to treat a sporting hero. Australia should be ashamed. First they bully the England cricket team into losing 4-0 and now this. Disgrace.

:trollface:

Edited by Xela

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He can join Nigel Farage in his garden for a match against Nige's Eastern European au-pair, and then play against his German wife if he beats the au pair.

Alternatively spend 15 minutes at a vaccination centre.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Alternatively spend 15 minutes at a vaccination centre.

twice, 6 months apart

(Oh and Nigel's wife eventually came to her senses and divorced him)

Absolutely nailed on that we let him in for Wimbledon though

• Like 2

Reality check for Murray. 2 sets down against an absolute **** no mark ranked 128 in the world. I didn't expect Murray to go far, indeed I'd have had him losing to Sinner in round 3, but this is a shambolic and rather sad performance. A shadow of himself. Maybe his body just can't last anymore. Had a good run before the slams, but already seems to be on empty. Suspect he's going to lose this match in straight sets. **** wretched stuff

Dan Evans got a walkover though and his next opponent spent 4 and half hours on court so that's lucky for him. Raducanu set down, and break up. So mixed day really. 

Murray is never going to be an consistent elite player again. He might sometimes be able to roll the clock back in a occasional game but his body won't be able to take 3-4 5 sets games in a row. Him playing at this level is a medical miracle. Look its up to him if he is happy and wants to carry on but eventually he may also think about his long term health if he keeps on playing.

55 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Reality check for Murray. 2 sets down against an absolute **** no mark ranked 128 in the world. I didn't expect Murray to go far, indeed I'd have had him losing to Sinner in round 3, but this is a shambolic and rather sad performance. A shadow of himself. Maybe his body just can't last anymore. Had a good run before the slams, but already seems to be on empty. Suspect he's going to lose this match in straight sets. **** wretched stuff

Dan Evans got a walkover though and his next opponent spent 4 and half hours on court so that's lucky for him. Raducanu set down, and break up. So mixed day really. 

An absolute no mark ranked only 15 places lower than Murray himself in the rankings. In reality I'd have expected Murray to lose in the first round to the 21st seed. The fact that he is even able to play tennis matches let alone win 5 set matches at grand slams is impressive in itself. To expect him to back that up a couple of days later is a pretty tough ask and to call it "shambolic" and "wretched" is pretty silly.

If this was an Andy Murray in his prime losing matches like that then I'd kind of get your point. As it is I think your comments are completely devoid of any context. "Man with metal hip struggles after 5 set first round match" shouldn't really be that much of a surprise to anybody. 

Murray and Raducanus opponents both reaching 3rd round for the first time in their career, that’s disappointing.

Just Dan Evans left now? Thank god for prime Murray otherwise British tennis would have been in the doldrums for so many years.

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If she can get to quarters and semis shes doing well. 

You're a bit late mate, she just got knocked out, 2nd round

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 2

Â