Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Watford will win tonight, and there's no way we are clawing back 5 points AND goal difference.

Been prepared for weeks that we'll be giving knuckledraggers and vermin felchers their cup final twice a season next term.

Edited by rjw63
can't count

22 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am surprised we are still in with a shout; all down to the poor calibre of the teams around us.

I agree with a previous poster; Hourihane should start every game; his spot kicks are invaluable, and he may even score.

El Ghazi up front. Again mentioned by a previous poster. Good idea. Can he be any worse than what we have up front?

This is the time for Smith and co to earn their huge salaries and do something different in a last attempt to keep us up.

Agree RE Hourihaine, I am no means a fan of him at all, but what cannot be doubted is that he gets goals from midfield, and right now when we look so poor in the final third I think he must start- I keep thinking back to the Norwich game boxing day, how vital was that!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

Massive game tonight. How we feeling?

Not that confident since I saw Norwich team news. Todd Cantwell out and Tetty and McLean doubts so going to be a pretty weak midfield. Hopefully they'll go 2 upfront (Idah looked lively for them at the weekend) with Buendia in a free role.

There is no way we're staying up just winning one game imo. We've always needed to win two games even if that seems pretty unlikely so a Watford win wouldn't change too much for me other than making things more difficult. If Watford then follow up with a win v Newcastle we are as good as down.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2020 at 22:41, OxfordVillan said:

The likelihood is that we’ll essentially be 5pts behind by next weekend, goal difference will be worth a point to Watford. However, it’s not a forgone conclusion that Watford will beat Norwich. And not a foregone conclusion that we’re doomed if that scenario comes to fruition by next weekend. 

I guess tonight will define our season, which is in itself a very sad state of affairs.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Watford will win tonight, and there's no way we are clawing back 5 points AND goal difference.

Been prepared for weeks that we'll be giving knuckledraggers and vermin felchers their cup final twice a season next term.

That's a great name for a pub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

That's a great name for a pub.

Yeah but would you be saying to the missus that your going down the knuckledraggers for a quick pint or the felchers?

1 hour ago, Djemba_Villan said:

The way Norwich are still, just about, in touching distance, but not too close is probably good for us.

means they will go into tonight thinking it’s a possible route out of relegation. A draw would be a brilliant result for us too.

Sadly I think Norwich being desparate for a win/draw will have little bearing on the result

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sadly I think Norwich being desparate for a win/draw will have little bearing on the result

Well, I'll be a big Norwich fan tonight and the game will then go like a Villa game goes 🤣

Still hopeful though as Watford are awful apart from that 4 win, 3 week patch at the end of December....otherwise they are as awful as us, Bmouth and Norwich

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but would you be saying to the missus that your going down the knuckledraggers for a quick pint or the felchers?

I suspect there are beardy types who believe that a Felchers is a east coast hipster ale from a mircobrewery.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

dean smith has relegated us months ago, he was up to the job then any more than he is now,

relegation is dead on now, bookies are not wrong.

should have got big sam in long ago, villa would be safe in sure if that  was the case but it is what it is. you reap what you soe

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

biggest difference between us and watford is that they have the potential for goals where we have 0 potential at the moment

We have scored the same amount since lockdown and we have had more shots on target than them in the last 2 games

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We have scored the same amount since lockdown and we have had more shots on target than them in the last 2 games

People really think Watford are a good side just down on their luck :lol: