Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

Very reminiscent of us under paul Lambert with one crucial difference

Under Lambert we were shit for weeks on end yet turn up against a big club and win, whilst now were shit for weeks on end and turn out a good performance against a big club and lose

Yup by the law by the law of averages you find yourself in a winning position now and then - but we can't hang on 

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Very reminiscent of us under paul Lambert with one crucial difference

Under Lambert we were shit for weeks on end yet turn up against a big club and win, whilst now were shit for weeks on end and turn out a good performance against a big club and lose

The difference then is that we had Benteke who got us out of the brown stuff.

We are done sadly. I just hope the board doesn’t waste a season in the Championship by sticking with Smith. 

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Norwich are a lot better then Watford if you ask me 

Depends if Farke plays his best team.  Pukki and Cantwell on the bench again yesterday.

Last chance saloon for Norwich who will give it a go but come out with a draw is my guess.

• Like 1

Watford v Norwich          Aston Villa v Manchester United

Watford V Newcastle     Aston Villa v Crystal Palace

West Ham v Watford      Everton V Aston Villa

Watford v Man City         Aston Villa V Arsenal

Arsenal v Watford           West Ham v Aston Vill

• Thanks 1

How many decades would you have to go back to find us winning five in a row in the top flight? Did this happen in the early 80's, or is this more of a late-19th-century type of 'actually quite plausible'?

39 minutes ago, useless said:

Watford v Norwich          Aston Villa v Manchester United      Bournemouth v Spurs

Watford V Newcastle     Aston Villa v Crystal Palace               Bournemouth v Leicester

West Ham v Watford      Everton V Aston Villa                          Man City v Bournemouth

Watford v Man City         Aston Villa V Arsenal                          Bournemouth v Southampton

Arsenal v Watford           West Ham v Aston Villa                      Everton v Bournemouth

Added Bournemouth's fixtures as it appears to be a 3 - way shoot out now.

IF & it's a massive IF, we can get to the Arsenal game only a point or two behind then we have a chance. I really do though struggle to see any more than 3 point more for this team as they are clearly incapable of winning a game especially looking at those remaining fixtures.

Honestly?  I think we'll be as good as down by the time we play Everton away. I can see Watford beating Norwich and drawing with Newcastle by that point and we are just too poor to be able to overhaul them if that's the case.

I wish i could say it was fun whilst it lasted but actually it has been the worst season i think i can ever remember. Even worse than the last relegation as although that was a shocking team at least we kind of saw it coming for a couple of years and didn't have the false hope that this one offered after winning the Play offs. Then with VAR ruining the live games on numerous occasions, dodgy decisions, serious injuries to key players (our new normal going by the last few years) and such awful strikers and wingers who are clearly not Premier League quality it has quickly become possibly the worst season i can recall.. (although i know we've had several since those heady early 80's days)

I actually now am looking forward to seeing what the new owners cook up ahead of what is hopefully a much more enjoyable time albeit in the Championship next season. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen

11 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

They've Norwich at home on Tuesday. They'll win that. Puts 4 points between them and us. That's clear water at the rate we are picking up points + our run in.

Makes you wonder why they even bother running the league when someone can just assign points to fixtures before they’ve been played.

• Like 2

Watford will probably beat Norwich but it's not a result that can be predicted with a firm conviction that that will be so, for Watford are in very poor form themselves.

• Like 1