Relegation thread

Knutserov13

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No we’re chasing any two teams above us, including Bournemouth. What a ridiculous way of looking at it.

And “enjoy it?”. We’ve beaten an out of form side at home. We shouldn’t be patting ourselves on the back. We’re 4 points from safety with 3 games left. There’s nothing to “enjoy”.

You must be a lot of fun at dinner parties

Edited by AXD
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No we’re chasing any two teams above us, including Bournemouth. What a ridiculous way of looking at it.

And “enjoy it?”. We’ve beaten an out of form side at home. We shouldn’t be patting ourselves on the back. We’re 4 points from safety with 3 games left. There’s nothing to “enjoy”.

exactly. doesn't matter that we won, we're worse off than we were before a ball was kicked this weekend. that's the main thing. if we lose any of the next 3 then it's curtains IMO

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I understand how relegation works mate. If us and Bournemouth had BOTH lost today it would have been pretty much over for both of us. The fact we both won means we've both a fighting chance. I would've took that at the start of the day. We're going to need 7 points anyway, more than likely, regardless of the Bournemouth result tonight!

I obviously would have preferred Bournemouth to lose but it's not the deal breaker. The good thing is that they have City next so hopefully they should come back down to earth quickly. And also there is now extra pressure on the two W's.

By the way, I'm not enjoying the relegation scrap and would much prefer to be sat mid table planning for next season but unfortunately we are where we are. Will still enjoy the wins though or what's the point if you can't get some enjoyment from it?! 

• Like 1

With the elect execption of me everyone on here yesterday was accepting that we'd already been relegated. That we've even given ourselves some hope is the main thing, has been a good day for us regardless of the Bournemouth result, better that they won and we won than both of us had have lost, we're three points closer to safety than we were with a chance to close the gap to one point on Thursday against a team with nothing to play.

• Like 4

Think the way you have to look at this is the Bournemouth result is why we had to win this afternoon. If we hadn't, we really would have been reading the last rites. Instead, we have lasted one more round before the end. But I don't think there's any way we can avoid relegation unless we beat Everton personally.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

With the elect execption of me everyone on here yesterday was accepting that we'd already been relegated. That we've even given ourselves some hope is the main thing, has been a good day for us regardless of the Bournemouth result, better that they won and we won than both of us had have lost, we're three points closer to safety than we were with a chance to close the gap to one point on Thursday against a team with nothing to play.

Thank you 👍 

Goal difference wont come into it. We're never going to catch West Ham or Watford's and we will need to finish above one of, maybe both of them.

It's pretty simple, we need probably 7 points, possibly 9. If and its a huge if, but if we get to a stage where beating West Ham keeps us up then I would actually be pretty confident. We would have nothing to lose, all West Ham can do is bottle it. But that's a convo for another day.

Typical Villa really, we finally decide to win a game when the other 3 relegation rivals all win. Have Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham even won on the same matchday at any point this season?

We really needed a win weeks ago when they were all rubbish.

5 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Will still enjoy the wins though or what's the point if you can't get some enjoyment from it?!

Wins mean absolutely nothing if we get relegated. Our win today hasnt improved our position or situation, we're in worse place now than Friday. Just like our wins in the LC meant nothing because we didnt win it. Anyway I dont want to argue about the nature of supporting a football team. But this is as far as it gets from enjoyable.

4 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Goal difference wont come into it. We're never going to catch West Ham or Watford's and we will need to finish above one of, maybe both of them.

I doubt they are quite as confident about that. 😉