Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

No

It seriously wasnt that bad

Like I said that's borderline as to whether or not you'd call it a sitter, personally I'm leaning towards no, it's a great chance and he should score but this "easier to miss" stuff is nonsense 

It was a easy chance he ont get many easier and it was a horrific miss.

Aegs was worse but this was bad

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Actually with our GD being 1 better than Watford - we could win at West Ham and still go down ?

probably better odds on West Ham going down than that scenario

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of course. It was a fairly bad miss. 'Diabolical' would be missing an open goal or taking an airshot or something.

Agree

El ghazi one yard out not willing to throw his body in to a defender in order to get the ball over the line is diabolical 

Davis is a miss, a bad miss but let's not pretend every other striker in the league scores that because they don't, more than a few miss 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Actually with our GD being 1 better than Watford - we could win at West Ham and still go down ?

Correct.

Watford haven't beaten Arsenal by more than 1 goal since 1987, though, so history is on our side.

You get the impression that the Pearson sacking has sucked the life out of that time, and they'll almost certainly go down. I think Bournemouth are our bigger threat - very winnable game against Everton. But at least with Bournemouth we have total control over that outcome, just need a point to wipe them out.

Edited by KentVillan

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Well for us to win we'd have to have another +! on the GD which means Watford would have to beat Arsenal by 3 clear goals. Not totally impossible i suppose but fairly unlikely. If you can go away to Arsenal and win 3/4-0 on the last day to survive with no real manager then fairplay to you.

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Watched the Watford game and they were dreadful.

They never do anything v Man. City.

They will probably get chances on the break v Arsenal with Sarr, Deeney and Welbeck. We got chances on the break and we're not exactly a rapid counter attacking team. Hopefully Arsenal will be 2 or 3 up at that point.

I don’t think we need to worry about Watford this weekend.

Arsenal will have an eye on the cup final, but also, Arteta really won’t want to lose two games in a row to bottom 4 teams. He’ll tell them they’re playing for a place in the cup final team and they’ll beat a poor, rudderless Watford team at a canter.

Bournemouth have more chance of beating a fairly average Everton.

But what’s the deal? Is it... If we draw or win, then Bournemouth can’t catch us. If we lose, then Bournemouth need to score and win by 2 goals to overtake us, or win by 1 goal but score...3?... in the process, to go ahead of us on goals scored? I’m lost. :lol:

1 minute ago, poitier said:

Being favourites to stay up somehow feels worse than I thought it would.

Best position is West Ham, 3 clear and ridiculous GD in favour.

We were actually like that in the McLeish season. Could've still gone down if we'd lost 14-0 to Norwich on the final day.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said after the Newcastle game that we were done. 

I said that if we went into the final day with a chance I'd be over moon.

To be going into the final day not only with a chance, but with it entirely in our own hands is better than I ever expected.

Fair play to Smith and the whole team. They've been excellent the past 3 games. Just bring it home now lads.

Smith teams always finish strongly happy he man GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

But what’s the deal? Is it... If we draw or win, then Bournemouth can’t catch us. If we lose, then Bournemouth need to score and win by 2 goals to overtake us, or win by 1 goal but score...3?... in the process, to go ahead of us on goals scored? I’m lost. :lol:

You can't work that out easily, because it would depend how many we lost by.