Relegation thread

Knutserov13

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Unbelievable.

I could not see this result happening.

This is interesting though. West Ham could in theory go down on GD.

Fair play - you have pushed it within the realms of pushing it, your main issue now is to come clean as to who you support. And it is a problem for your fellow fans, that you have spent so long here - at Villa. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Here's a question: if you were offered a guaranteed point against West Ham, would you take it? Tbh I probably would, as Watford would then have to beat Arsenal.

Last day mate anything can happen - I remember Fulham being 2-0 at HT and seemingly dead - a mad 2nd half up and down the country and they survived.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Only if watford dont win by 3 goals more

They won't. Even a 1-0 victory means they'd have to win 4-0. 

If we win we stay up. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

We will beat West Ham and that's all that matters. 

Have to. If the arsenal team that showed up today plays against Watford we will definitely need a win to stay up. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

No way. We need to win there, we cant expect any favours from Arsenal 

Completely agree. We need to go into the game with a 'must win' mentality, and that will be the main challenge for the match. Can't dick around for a 0-0 and then Watford take a 1-0 lead in the 88th minute and expect to rouse ourselves.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nah, we're 1 above on GD plus goals scored so it's 2 goals. If we're 1 up then they need to be 3 up to get ahead of us. 

We’re 1 down and they are 1 up, we’re down.  

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You could probably afford to buy us if you put money on Watford beating Arsenal 4-0 away from home!

I might stick a bet on. 

Also all watford need is a point and villa to lose and we down

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Have to. If the arsenal team that showed up today plays against Watford we will definitely need a win to stay up. 

Last game at home, last game before the cup final. Arsenal will be better on Sunday. 

Just now, Stratvillan said:

But if we beat west ham by less  than Watford beat arsenal!

Watford are not going to score 4 past Arsenal. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

What ever league we are samatta and davis have to go. Neither is good enough.

I would say same about nakamba.

Thats for next season - they must have a good game in them sometime - Just hope its Sunday

Just now, Zatman said:

Ancelotti hasnt lost a home game as Everton manager and Arteta only lost the 1st home game he took over 

Also Arsenal will be up for it.  No way they will want to go into cup final with two defeats. You just can’t turn it off and on like a switch 

• Like 1

Surely Watford are a club in crisis. Lost their ‘must win’ game against West Ham, sacked their latest manager after a dressing room bust up, got pumped by Man City and dropped into the relegation zone in time for the last game of the season away to Arsenal.

I would bet the mood on ‘Hornettalk’ is pretty dark at the moment.