Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Joke recruitment 1 unproven striker and 1 donkey signed and kodija sold not looking good for us no.

Considering Kodjia was unproven in the PL and plenty considered Wesley a ‘donkey’ that’s pretty good we’ve managed to replace both at low cost in January.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

Joke recruitment 1 unproven striker and 1 donkey signed and kodija sold not looking good for us no.

Seems you came on VT today to inject an equal spread of negativity across all threads. Kudos fam!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Colleague at work who supports Swansea thinks of him highly, just said that for no apparent reason he was never played.  Said he was on £80k a week at Swansea and his contract is up this summer.  If he comes in, puts himself about and shows he is decent, we have a free transfer in his peak who was sold for £16m when Swansea were last in the Prem - here's hoping. 

Have been told he's a bit like Llorente, but not as good - no bad thing really Llorente would walk into most Prem teams in the lower half. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, TRO said:

We'll be lobbying to play 14 players soon on the premise, that one player has not got all the required skills.

Given that we seem to get worse when we have more players on the pitch than the opposition, I'm not sure that would be a good idea. 🙄

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

Brave post on here.😀

Edited by TRO

He is that romantic kind of signing that gets you all warm and fuzzy inside a classic Rodders0223 FM buy a rags to riches fairytale Jimmy Glass style the script is already written buy but then they end up shit buy and you realise why they cost £0 and you get relegated and forget they ever played for you goodnight God bless

6 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

Selling Kodjia was a daft move, why?? because we should of sold the guy when we were offer 9 million, we shot ourselves in the foot on that one. Kodjias time was up, time he went, he was useless this season, absoloute daft keeping him around.

You don't know that it's a joke recruitment, cost his former club fifteen n half mill, costs us 1.2 million wages, yet if he does the business will prove some very lovely business indeed, if it doesn't work we havnt paid a kings ransom for a player who failed at his last club. One thing that does show about Borja is the fact he does know where the goal is and he may find himself at Villa, hope he does.

Wesley is nor a donkey, far from it and I'd put a bet he comes back much better, hope he proves you lot wrong, he's shown us that he can score anyway and his play style shown he can wear defences down as well as get into the minds of the opposition. My only thing about Wes was him going to ground way to much which I hopes he sorts out next season.

Edited by Dave-R

I think it looks like a shrewd signing, I wasn't too fond of us splashing £30M on a striker even if we had it, it would disrupt the long term planning and would make Samatta second choice. I think it's smart to bring in Samatta as first choice, have Wesley who comes back next season and then bring in someone as a cover. If Barton doesn't play a game for us I bet he wont make a big fuss of it. Looks like he is good enough to be able to contribute as back up. Risk free with the short term contract. Very smart both short term and long term. Samatta is our main man now and we should give him the opportunity to show it. Baston on the bench ready to contribute when needed.

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Selling Kodjia was a daft move, why?? because we should of sold the guy when we were offer 9 million, we shot ourselves in the foot on that one. Kodjias time was up, time he went, he was useless this season, absoloute daft keeping him around.

You don't know that it's a joke recruitment, cost his former club fifteen n half mill, costs us 1.2 million wages, yet if he does the business will prove some very lovely business indeed, if it doesn't work we havnt paid a kings ransom for a player who failed at his last club. One thing that does show about Borja is the fact he does know where the goal is and he may find himself at Villa, hope he does.

Wesley is nor a donkey, far from it and I'd put a bet he comes back much better, hope he proves you lot wrong, he's shown us that he can score anyway and his play style shown he can wear defences down as well as get into the minds of the opposition. My only thing about Wes was him going to ground way to much which I hopes he sorts out next season.

What you waffling on about so having 2 fit unproven strikers is good enough for you is it?

Never mentioned wesley either so not sure what your going on about.

Â