Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

3 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Having watched it again and as stupid as it was, it didn't have a direct affect on the goal at all. 

The ball could have gone anywhere, the spurs player could have controlled it and looked for a pass rather than hoof and of course Engels could have done better with it.

Well it could have done. As if he'd have stayed where he **** was he could have got on the end of Luiz's header.

• Like 1

This guy has play 20 odd to 30 minutes of Football after not playing for yonks, and some of us are already passing judgement...

giphy.gif

Only thing I could add is that he looks a unit, but a SLOW one.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Looked like he won a competition. Out of his depth. Vassilev genuine better option to press and harass the opposition, Baston does this but to his teammates. Annoying, Smiths subs in the last 2 games have killed our momentum going into the closing stages 

I do agree that Vassilev's terrier-like energy would have been ideal in that sort of match situation. He also gets the crowd going just when a more subdued nervous tension can take hold. Think Smith missed a trick there. 

• Like 3

I assumed he was signed purely to have a striker available in case of injury to Samatta and Davis. You know, like the second keeper, who does not expect to be called upon except in emergency. I did not think Smith would actually play him.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2020 at 06:56, AntrimBlack said:

I expected very little from him, and I was not disappointed.

God and Smith alone know why he brought him on to replace the excellent Samatta, who still looked full of running and had been giving them problems the entire game.

I wondered this and didn't see match only highlights and someone replied that Samatta had run himself into the ground and was gassed. I don't know

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Because he's shit mainly!

I agree with ypu, but not because of his ability. He looks to me, very much like Drinkwater, a player that isn't match fit. When we got alternatives that are match fit, that's a no brainer to me. 

Though while a am a big fan of Deano our recruitment under him has been poor. Getting in players in the January window that are rusty, not match fit and way off where a PL needs to be, then proceed to play them. Just awful calls. 

37 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I agree with ypu, but not because of his ability. He looks to me, very much like Drinkwater, a player that isn't match fit. When we got alternatives that are match fit, that's a no brainer to me. 

Though while a am a big fan of Deano our recruitment under him has been poor. Getting in players in the January window that are rusty, not match fit and way off where a PL needs to be, then proceed to play them. Just awful calls. 

Blaming Deano for recruitment 😐 

Whining about January players, when we've got Reina and Samatta in 😐

At least it's not a racist post this time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah agree sort of but DS doesn't do recruitment so not down to him.

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I understand critical thinking is difficult, but I'll help you. Because whether you like it or not Deano is the boss. It's praise or no praise. He gets it all. And just because two January signings have worked out so far, it doesn't change others haven't. And it was arguably not only needed that they worled out, but we've already dropped points due to fielding players lacking match fitness. 

And at least my posts aren't pedophile endorsing like yours.

Dean Smith doesn't recruit the players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â