Borja Bastón

alreadyexists

33 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think the idea that he has zero input on players he has to work with to be unlikely. 

I'm sure he has an input. But he's not in charge of player recruitment. Therefore giving him criticism or credit based on that recruitment is misplaced, imo.

You could give him credit or criticism on how he uses those players. If a good player has signed but isn't being used correctly then that's valid. But criticising Smith or praising him for making that signing is not fair, imo.

It's been made very clear that that's not his responsibility.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm sure he has an input. But he's not in charge of player recruitment. Therefore giving him criticism or credit based on that recruitment is misplaced, imo.

You could give him credit or criticism on how he uses those players. If a good player has signed but isn't being used correctly then that's valid. But criticising Smith or praising him for making that signing is not fair, imo.

It's been made very clear that that's not his responsibility.

Think that's incredibly naive. He's the head honcho of this club. He will have a say in EVERYTHING. He might not be able to force his way in matters, due to how we are set up now. But he definately will have a say about signings. And like everything else we see on the pitch he deserves praise when it goes well, and not so much when it fails. I try to be very consistent in that respect. And I fully believe in Deano's project. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think that's incredibly naive. He's the head honcho of this club. He will have a say in EVERYTHING. He might not be able to force his way in matters, due to how we are set up now. But he definately will have a say about signings. And like everything else we see on the pitch he deserves praise when it goes well, and not so much when it fails. I try to be very consistent in that respect. And I fully believe in Deano's project. 

Yeah. I said he had a say in it. Of course he does.

But he's not the guy who goes out and makes the signings. Pitarch and his team do that. It's been made very clear.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah. I said he had a say in it. Of course he does.

But he's not the guy who goes out and makes the signings. Pitarch and his team do that. It's been made very clear.

Aye, but do you think the signings are made without the okey from Deano or his wish in the first place? I assume you agree on that, which means players performing/ not performing is something he should get praise or no praise for. 

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Aye, but do you think the signings are made without the okey from Deano or his wish in the first place? I assume you agree on that, which means players performing/ not performing is something he should get praise or no praise for. 

Yes I do. I think Dean has a say in the kind of player he's after and what he's looking for and they go out and make the signing.

This is how it's been explained that it works. Fair enough if you don't believe this. but you're going against how the club, including Smith, have said it works.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes I do. I think Dean has a say in the kind of player he's after and what he's looking for and they go out and make the signing.

This is how it's been explained that it works. Fair enough if you don't believe this. but you're going against how the club, including Smith, have said it works.

Oh I think you are right there. I think he certainly gets a lot of info of options available to him, but the idea he just says he needs a combative CM with experience and we sign someone blindly from him, when you know how much he valeus the mental bit when it comes to the dressingroom. Yeah I don't buy that. 

He will most likely be pitched names and agree or not. Which in my book means he has a direct say in it. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Oh I think you are right there. I think he certainly gets a lot of info of options available to him, but the idea he just says he needs a combative CM with experience and we sign someone blindly from him, when you know how much he valeus the mental bit when it comes to the dressingroom. Yeah I don't buy that. 

if you say so

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Once again you are answering to things never said. You really would have an easier time if you read things, had a think, then responded. 

I never once said I solely blamed him for it. Not once. So reality and you is probably more likely the issue here. 

As for your other request, I find it funny. Did it bother you? I thought throwing shit and belittling people was your thing? You see I don't play that neo PC moral superior bullshit where you think you can take a higher ground without actually understand what's being said. Which has been proven twice now in a row. Try understanding the context and gain some critical thinking, debate like someone not educated behind a kebab stand and come back to me. And if you prefer to stay stupid, just don't reply to my posts. The ignore option is there. Thanks. Bye. 

Cool story bro

• 2 months later...
Just now, PieFacE said:

Don't think it was necessarily a panic buy, jut a buy to give us more depth. I mean, he was free so it's no big deal.

Wonder what his wages were? I thjnk it was a panic to be honest. This was never going to work out for us. A player not good enough in the championship would never be good enough for us in the pl. Another piece of business from suso and co

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wonder what his wages were? I thjnk it was a panic to be honest. This was never going to work out for us. A player not good enough in the championship would never be good enough for us in the pl. Another piece of business from suso and co

Well, I think it's clear he wasn't bought to really have much of an impact at all hence his lack of playing time. It was more of a case if Samatta got injured, we'd have an actual striker to put on the pitch. 

We essentially swapped Kodjia for Baston and got a few million quid in the process. Not bad.

Edited by PieFacE

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Well, I think it's clear he wasn't bought to really have much of an impact at all hence his lack of playing time. It was more of a case if Samatta got injured, we'd have an actual striker to put on the pitch. 

We essentially swapped Kodjia for Baston and got a few million quid in the process. Not bad.

Problem is though if season goes on longer than july he wont have to play for us leaving only samatta unless davis ever gets fit.

Personally i dont think it was good business at all. Was good to get rid of kodjia but we really should have been prepared bettee before letting him go. A pointless signing like jota

Edited by Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What in that they may get their contracts extended and sent out on loan?

This season's Jose Angel Crespo.

Well, currently our striking options are Wesley, Samatta and Davis if it’s true about Baston and Hepburn-Murphy is at Derby u23s :( If neither of Hepburn-Murphy or Davis make it at this football club, I think it shows how good you have to be to make it here. Whatever happens, both of them will have good careers

It was just a signing to say we'd signed more than one striker in January window. He wasn't even getting him in the Swansea team when we signed him remember so I didn't expect anything and he wasn't making the 18 before lockdown with Davis fit.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Well, currently our striking options are Wesley, Samatta and Davis if it’s true about Baston and Hepburn-Murphy is at Derby u23s :( If neither of Hepburn-Murphy or Davis make it at this football club, I think it shows how good you have to be to make it here. Whatever happens, both of them will have good careers

Give it up, especially on RHM! He wasn’t that good.

• Haha 1

Â