Generic Virus Thread

villakram

25 minutes ago, Awol said:

With some good lawyers, we might just stay up. 

Yeah we also have a game in hand so we would of won that and stayed up Your Honour! :cheers:

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Mentioned it a week or 2 ago I think the way to do it is to not relegate any teams and to promote the top 2 or 3 from the Championship and play the league with 22 or 23 teams next season.

Then have more teams relegated that season. It's not ideal but IMO it's the best solution.

It's the way they are going about it in Germany apparently.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sne said:

Mentioned it a week or 2 ago I think the way to do it is to not relegate any teams and to promote the top 2 or 3 from the Championship and play the league with 22 or 23 teams next season.

Then have more teams relegated that season. It's not ideal but IMO it's the best solution.

Balls to that, just null and void the entire season in my opinion, for all divisions.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Balls to that, just null and void the entire season in my opinion, for all divisions.

Think they'd be sued to high heaven by the owners of Leeds, West Brom and so on if they did.

I'd be fine with it thou :D 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

That would make sense for all the money leeches as more games can be televised and more games to played in stadiums.

Businessmen of this world would be happy with this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Couldn't work. Teams have been playing for months to achieve a goal, so they have a right to reach that. Liverpool need to be named champions and get all that goes with it, as do, Leeds and probably West Brom, and then continue down the leagues. 

The real issue is what to do with the teams at the bottom. Taking ourselves as an example, whilst we are shit, we have a game in hand on the others around us which if we win (hahaha), we would be out the relegation spot. So there is no way we would accept being relegated because we just so happen to be in one of the spots now. 

Its going to be really really difficult to sort, but the teams who are set to gain something, deserve to be able to achieve that. 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Couldn't work. Teams have been playing for months to achieve a goal, so they have a right to reach that. Liverpool need to be named champions and get all that goes with it, as do, Leeds and probably West Brom, and then continue down the leagues. 

The real issue is what to do with the teams at the bottom. Taking ourselves as an example, whilst we are shit, we have a game in hand on the others around us which if we win (hahaha), we would be out the relegation spot. So there is no way we would accept being relegated because we just so happen to be in one of the spots now. 

Its going to be really really difficult to sort, but the teams who are set to gain something, deserve to be able to achieve that. 

Nah. **** them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Meh, I don't really agree with this. Can see the point of view though. 

Either we finish the season with 38 games, or the season is void and we go again next year. Can't pick winners or losers in any division when there's games left to play. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

I work as a chef at a sports bar/gastro pub (1 kitchen 2 restaurants). Not much sport going on for the foreseeable future is there...

No PL, CL or ice hockey play off. 

My hours will be cut to pretty much nothing and so will everyone I work with. Can't really work from home in my profession.

Thankfully I've build up a buffer over the years but it's money i'd much rather spend on other things.

Edited by sne

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Think they'd be sued to high heaven by the owners of Leeds, West Brom and so on if they did.

I'd be fine with it thou :D 

What are they going to sue them for?! 

It’s a national pandemic not a footballing decision, I would have absolutely zero sympathy for Liverpool, Leeds or West Brom frankly.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

other leagues in Europe will now have the chance to lead by example, if Italy, spain and germany all cancel their season and we say nah **** that we'll play it some other time how shit do we look?

they could all agree that Liverpool get the title, the current positions and prize money stay as is, no relegation, leeds and baggies come up, 5 teams relegated next year, European places roll over from last season or have some sort of pre season playoff

the biggest problem is where other countries can do that we have 2 separate entities in the EFL and the PL and the EFL wont want to lose 2 big teams with no replacement in the shape of us or west ham, the only club that really misses out is Leicester and maybe Sheffield with spurs and arsenal benefitting, I also think maybe utd kick up a fuss cos they think they'll get 4th

29 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've convinced myself I've got it.  I can't be the only one, surely?!

No fever, but my breathing the last few days has been what I imagine it's like having mild asthma.  Mild sore throat. Nothing else.

The long-haired General* thinks I'm just being a tit.

*copyright @Awol

The long haired general 😁

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Nah. **** them.

Id expect this from you - I bet you are the sort of person that has gone around and bought all the hand gel's that pharmacies are selling in your local area and hid them in your cupboard at home... 

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

What are they going to sue them for?! 

It’s a national pandemic not a footballing decision, I would have absolutely zero sympathy for Liverpool, Leeds or West Brom frankly.

It would be a massive legal battle that would go on for ages. Not saying they would win, the likely wouldn't.

But anyone missing out on £150m due to a force majeure is bound to try. Same with CL places and so on and so on.

Suspending until April is just kicking the can down the road and with the government measures basically amounting to 'carry on as normal' this will only get worse. 

Football is done for months 

• Like 2

Â