Generic Virus Thread

villakram

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I also think maybe utd kick up a fuss cos they think they'll get 4th

I don’t think they’d really care as, with City banned from Europe next season, they would still qualify for CL.

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Think they'd be sued to high heaven by the owners of Leeds, West Brom and so on if they did.

I'd be fine with it thou :D 

Act Of God so Force Majeure!.. AKA Tough Shit! :D

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Suspending until April is just kicking the can down the road and with the government measures basically amounting to 'carry on as normal' this will only get worse. 

Football is done for months 

True, but it's 'an easier decision' to delay it by 3 weeks and making a call then.

I am sure that they will think of some sort a solution in the meantime, so they can make a fair judgement of whether to cancel the season or whatever else. 

14 minutes ago, sne said:

It would be a massive legal battle that would go on for ages. Not saying they would win, the likely wouldn't.

But anyone missing out on £150m due to a force majeure is bound to try. Same with CL places and so on and so on.

But to sue someone they have to be culpable, not sure anyone can blame the PL for a viral outbreak on a global scale.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But to sue someone they have to be culpable, not sure anyone can blame the PL for a viral outbreak on a global scale.

Agreed. In the UK ans Sweden at least.

But there is huge money involved, and some clubs have foreign owners. Clubs won't just roll over and die. As I said I don't think they will win the cases but the will try. Especially since the PL has been flip-flopping with their stands on it. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Agreed. In the UK ans Sweden at least.

But there is huge money involved, and some clubs have foreign owners. Clubs won't just roll over and die. As I said I don't think they will win the cases but the will try. Especially since the PL has been flip-flopping with their stands on it. 

The Scousers in the office have already informed me that as 75% of the games have been played the result stands as is if the season is over.

And apparently Newcastle win the FA Cup because they've scored the most goals (yadda yadda they've had two replays)

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

The Scousers in the office have already informed me that as 75% of the games have been played the result stands as is if the season is over.

And apparently Newcastle win the FA Cup because they've scored the most goals (yadda yadda they've had two replays)

They really are desperate aren't they. Even if it is voided they will be trying to claim some special one off trophy and medals etc 🤣

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If it were to happen then they'd be suing them for the choices they made not suing them for circumstances which arose in which they had to make some choices.

Edit: That's not to say that they'd have a case (or a good case) - that would be for legal bods to consider.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Well as Villa came second in the only competition completed this season we are therefore the national runners up and should be awarded entry to the Champions League.

This I can get on board with for sure

2 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

They really are desperate aren't they. Even if it is voided they will be trying to claim some special one off trophy and medals etc 🤣

No, you misunderstand, those apparently are the rules of the competitions, they aren't making something up out of desperation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Season's over effectively. We'll be right in the middle of the big spike by April 3rd

The rest is legal arguments

This, In 2/3 weeks time we will be on now Italian figures and totally unchartered waters with health services becoming overwhelmed and having to make unthinkable decisions! 

In 3/4 weeks time everybody will know someone who knows someone thats been infected! 

In 5/6 weeks time you will know someone directly who has been infected!

In 7/8 weeks you will have most likely been infected yourself! 

This is now changing hourly, Look after yourselves and those around you. 

May God Help Us!..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

No, you misunderstand, those apparently are the rules of the competitions, they aren't making something up out of desperation

Oh god damn...

Mind I would be interested to see this rule..

Edited by leighavfc

58 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Possibly.  I was very stressed about the possibility of 2 weeks in Sri Lanka from this weekend.

I'm just on my way back from Sri Lanka and after catching up on this thread wishing I'd stayed

Only 3 recorded cases over there. Sounds like I'm returning to day to dead

Â