Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Presumably you will be having the BBQ outdoors? In which case, I don't think you are even breaking the new rules*.

*as far as I can tell, this is not legal advice, and other appropriate legal disclaimers

If you live in an affected area* then I think it's against the guidance and will be against the law, when they get around to laying the regulations down.

...you should not:

visit someone else’s home or garden even if they live outside of the affected areas

It will be illegal for people who do not live together to meet in a private home or garden, except for limited exceptions to be set out in law.

link

Affected local areas

• Greater Manchester:
    • City of Manchester
    • Trafford
    • Stockport
    • Oldham
    • Bury
    • Wigan
    • Bolton
    • Tameside
    • Rochdale
    • Salford
  • Lancashire:
    • Blackburn with Darwen
    • Burnley
    • Hyndburn
    • Pendle
    • Rossendale
  • West Yorkshire:
    • Bradford
    • Calderdale
    • Kirklees

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grauniad live:

Face coverings to be made mandatory in more indoor settings in England from 8 August

The home secretary has been asked to work with the police to ensure the rules are properly enforced, he says.

There will be a greater police presence to ensure face coverings are being worn as required by law, he adds.

They are also extending the requirement to wear a face covering to other indoor settings where you’re likely to come into contact with people you don’t normally meet - such as museums, cinemas, galleries and places of worship, he says.

The government is now recommending the wearing of face coverings in these settings and this will be enforceable in law from 8 August, he confirms.

My MP (William Wragg - Hazel Grove) has gone rogue and criticised the govt for lumping everyone together when locally we still have low infection rates.

Separately, not so long ago there was furore about Muslim women covering their faces and now they're to blame for a spike in infections?

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

So you can go to the pub, but not with people you know from another house. But if those people just happen to go to the pub at the same time, you know, by coincidence, that should be OK, shouldn't it? 

I've asked the reporter from the MEN to ask Andy Burnham about that.  I think she may...

• Like 3

Announcing local lockdowns the night before the hottest day of the year and Eid.

Yeah that'll work out well. People won't change their plans

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s the equivalent of sending out a shitty email before logging off work and going on holiday for a week. 

We've all done that ;) 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think all the people travelling anroad is perhaps contributing to the rates going up.

I still maintain they should have just written off 2020 and not allowed any flights abroad 

Almost everyone is travelling to countries with a lower infection rate than us so if anything they are doing us all a favour as have less chance of catching and spreading it.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Almost everyone is travelling to countries with a lower infection rate than us so if anything they are doing us all a favour as have less chance of catching and spreading it.

That was my point. Everyone travelling is making all countries get re infected.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

That was my point. Everyone travelling is making all countries get re infected.

Realistically, travel can't be stopped completely - lorry drivers, shipping, air freight and such like are essentials, and that's before you get to other workers and ...etc.

And then keeping people in jobs.

So what's needed is/was initial travel bans for everything that is non essential, control of the virus in a nation to reduce to right down, then opening up again with highly effective and fast contact track and trace along with temperature and/or virus testing at ports of exit and entry.

Following on from that there could/should be certification of test results saying the person is free, and/or has had it and recovered from it on X date.

We're doing none of that, really. It's an utter disgrace.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Realistically, travel can't be stopped completely - lorry drivers, shipping, air freight and such like are essentials, and that's before you get to other workers and ...etc.

And then keeping people in jobs.

So what's needed is/was initial travel bans for everything that is non essential, control of the virus in a nation to reduce to right down, then opening up again with highly effective and fast contact track and trace along with temperature and/or virus testing at ports of exit and entry.

Following on from that there could/should be certification of test results saying the person is free, and/or has had it and recovered from it on X date.

We're doing none of that, really. It's an utter disgrace.

Cant disagree with much of that. 

In cyprus they are making any Cat B country take a test 72hrs before with a negative test. You need to provide evidence in a form of a certificate othetwise you wont be allowed in.

• Like 1

Â