Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I have a small insight into the contact tracing solution. I work for an IT business and last week we got the heads up from one of the public sector frameworks we are on that a significant tender was coming out from NHS Digital. Got it on Monday and it is asking for a complete track and trace solution to replace the existing one. From the application to the management of data, the integration into the NHS and call centers it is a huge undertaking.

They gave us 10 working days to respond and expect to make a decision and begin rolling out the solution in August. That will be a no bid from me then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I have a small insight into the contact tracing solution. I work for an IT business and last week we got the heads up from one of the public sector frameworks we are on that a significant tender was coming out from NHS Digital. Got it on Monday and it is asking for a complete track and trace solution to replace the existing one. From the application to the management of data, the integration into the NHS and call centers it is a huge undertaking.

They gave us 10 working days to respond and expect to make a decision and begin rolling out the solution in August. That will be a no bid from me then.

In fairness you missed the small print that says only businesses owned by Dominic Cummings mates that need a few quid need apply.

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

In fairness you missed the small print that says only businesses owned by Dominic Cummings mates that need a few quid need apply.

Yeah I'll be surprised if more than one business bids for it. It was won before it was written IMO.

4 hours ago, Straggler said:

We’ve had something similar on the building side. Massive contract, of the order we’d normally get 6 or 8 weeks to consider with a meeting with them half way through and site visits. We received it Tuesday and they want it returned on Monday, with an initial set of proposed drawings, no visits, no meetings. We’ve declined. They’ve had 4 months to organise this particular piece of work but it doesn’t appear very thought through and we have 4 working days to submit a tender. No thanks, literally not worth wasting 4 days on as its either doomed to failure or there’s already a winner waiting in the wings.

6 hours ago, Straggler said:

Imagine writing the DPIA for that.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, limpid said:

Imagine writing the DPIA for that.

The main thing I imagined as I no bid it was the government giving the project to a company with no IT experience, but with loads of ferries. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I see Manchester and parts of Lancashire and Yorkshire have gone back into lockdown. Didn't take long.

Is it all areas with large Asian populations (like Leicester)?

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I see Manchester and parts of Lancashire and Yorkshire have gone back into lockdown. Didn't take long.

Mad that they announce it now, to start at midnight.

What happens if people need to sort out if they're going to work or not?

3 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Yeah, standard from this government though.

23 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Like anyone's enforcing it

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yeah, standard from this government though.

It's far from standard, and I applaud it. If the rate of infection is climbing at that local level, it's right that things are tightened up, and it should be done as swiftly as possible.

Compare this to "Ok, yes, masks are important, and you should wear them. In a couple of weeks". It's nice for them to show some **** urgency for a change, IMO.

Â