Generic Virus Thread

villakram

45 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am looking to buy a spare mask for in the car. I bought one off ebay and it was rubbish. Anyone bought one online that fits well and is reusable/washable. 

Is this to wear in the car?

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is this to wear in the car?

I thought that post had a number of pitfalls. Keep in the car in case I forget to take a mask with me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I thought that post had a number of pitfalls. Keep in the car in case I forget to take a mask with me. 

No I understand that, its the people driving round in their own cars, with no passengers in them wearing a mask that makes me laugh a bit. Do they wear it in their living room too?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

No I understand that, its the people driving round in their own cars, with no passengers in them wearing a mask that makes me laugh a bit. Do they wear it in their living room too?

The definition of paranoia.

Now must be a shit time to be a hypochondriac.

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

The thing is bicks this virus is having a massive psychological effect on people.  People are becoming more paranoid and scared.

Even with a vaccine i think some will still wear masks

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is bicks this virus is having a massive psychological effect on people.  People are becoming more paranoid and scared.

Meanwhile, over here in the US, my coworker tells me that she has a friend, university educated microbiologist or such, who thinks the soaring numbers are a hoax, citing people who have gone to hospitals with video cameras showing there aren't lines gravely ill people waiting to get in.

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This may not be a bad thing. Wearing a mask particularly when you are sick is a kindness to everyone you meet. Well, wearing it out of paranoia is not good, but having masks be a bit more normal I'm cool with.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I am looking to buy a spare mask for in the car. I bought one off ebay and it was rubbish. Anyone bought one online that fits well and is reusable/washable. 

Adidas. 3 for £15. Great quality and fit well. 

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

This may not be a bad thing. Wearing a mask particularly when you are sick is a kindness to everyone you meet. Well, wearing it out of paranoia is not good, but having masks be a bit more normal I'm cool with.

But when im sick i stay in i don't go out.  

Its personal choice raally but if covid is treatable at  a later stage i wont be wearing a mask

Edited by Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its personal choice raally

It absolutely shouldn't be. 

It was made mandatory over here in March, and now the cases are close to zero. (and we lifted lockdown weeks ago)

Limited study, needs peer reviewing and wider trials, but looks promising. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53467022

The preliminary results of a clinical trial suggest a new treatment for Covid-19 reduces the number of patients needing intensive care, according to the UK company that developed it.

The treatment from Southampton-based biotech Synairgen uses a protein called interferon beta which the body produces when it gets a viral infection. 

The protein is inhaled directly into the lungs of patients with coronavirus, using a nebuliser, in the hope that it will stimulate an immune response.

The initial findings suggest the treatment cut the odds of a Covid-19 patient in hospital developing severe disease - such as requiring ventilation - by 79%.

Patients were two to three times more likely to recover to the point where everyday activities were not compromised by their illness, Synairgen claims.

It said the trial also indicated "very significant" reductions in breathlessness among patients who received the treatment.

42 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It absolutely shouldn't be. 

It was made mandatory over here in March, and now the cases are close to zero. (and we lifted lockdown weeks ago)

Cases are close to zero in most parts of Europe, regardless of face mask laws.

(Examples: Norway and Finland haven’t even recommended masks. Denmark recommends them but hasn’t made it a legal requirement. All basically have the virus under control.)

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Adidas. 3 for £15. Great quality and fit well. 

Thanks. I appreciate they perform a function but I am not a sportswear type of person. 

Â