Generic Virus Thread

villakram

We’ve lagged behind on raising the restrictions across Wales, it’s only been noticeable in the last couple of weeks.

For a couple of weeks the confirmed cases were bobbing around between 7 and 20.

Two weeks ago the average daily was 8

Last week the average daily was 16

So far, this week has gone:  12 / 31 / 17 / 22 / 22 .... and today was 45

With a day to go this weeks average is already over 25.

Small numbers, and hopefully that’s just the thing about averages, but I’d guess they’ll be watching that graph quite closely

47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Random coronavirus question that google doesn't clear up for me...

MOT's were given an extra 6 months extension. My MOT was due in May, so i have until November to get it done. 

If i get it done now in July, is my MOT valid until July 2021, or from original date May 2020 to May 2021, or from extension date November 2020 to November 2021?

If you choose to get your MOT done now rather than near the expiry date (a month minus a day before the expiry allows you to keep the same expiry date, IIRC) then I'd imagine it would run for 12 months from the date of the test, i.e. now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

If you choose to get your MOT done now rather than near the expiry date (a month minus a day before the expiry allows you to keep the same expiry date, IIRC) then I'd imagine it would run for 12 months from the date of the test, i.e. now.

It does, I did it a few weeks ago (as it was due a service and I had concerns that they might not honour the warranty if I didn’t do it).

New expiry is 12 months from test date.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ventured out this afternoon for the first time wearing a face mask (one of those blue disposable ones) and boy do they make your face sweat! Still, for the greater good and all that.

Edited by trekka

31 minutes ago, trekka said:

I ventured out this afternoon for the first time wearing a face mask (one of those blue disposable ones) and boy do they make your face sweat! Still, for the greater good and all that.

They're also a very good halitosis test. Wish I hadn't had those spring onions. 

• Haha 1

Norway has decided it's OK for it's citizens to visit Värmland, a region that borders Norway and relies heavily on cross border commerce. It's much cheaper in Sweden compared to Norway when it comes to alcohol, meat, tobacco, cheese, candy and a lot of other stuff.

There are whole villages in that area who are built around this and today was the first day in ages that the Norwegians were allowed in. The scenes in these villages today are just silly.

Outside the story where you buy alcohol it was a couple hundred meters queue and all the shopping malls are absolutely packed. Pretty much no one is wearing a mask. 

In this case it's actually the locals who are more at risk than the visitors as there has been very little infected people in these remote areas so far. Remains to see it that continues now.

I'm a Civil Servant. I have been asked if I want to take up a loan to the Test & Trace. It's a 2 year secondment. 

We're in for a long haul. 

My colleague has been offered a secondment to a team planning for a January No Deal coinciding with a Covid spike. 

We're not out of the woods yet. 

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yet another nightmare for the tour operators to deal with. 

I never understand why they exist in the first place in the internet age. I really cannot remember the last time I used a travel agent, in fact I'm not even sure I ever have... ah yes I have, the one in the student union

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I never understand why they exist in the first place in the internet age. I really cannot remember the last time I used a travel agent, in fact I'm not even sure I ever have... ah yes I have, the one in the student union

I saw someone the other day complaining that they hadn’t had a refund yet from their Haven holiday, turns out they’d booked it via a travel agent! Who TF uses a travel agent to book Haven? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

So if precedent is anything to go by, we can expect the rule to be quickly changed as it will inconvenience somebody in the Government. 

It's fine. Michael Green will cover for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

What the **** is a minister doing on an international holiday right now? They couldn't take the piss more if they were doing it deliberately. .

• Like 1

Â