Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

How are we ever going to be back at work. I mean theres going to be many a knobber who hasn't listened to goverment guide lines and could start it all over again. We all need to get immunity really. We will still be at risk going back to work within 3 months wouldn't we??

The most likely approach, I suspect, will be phased drawdowns of social distancing. So, in the first instance, this might mean more people going to work, then relaxed around social gatherings, or something like that (can't predict the order exactly, though I suspect economic imperatives will be the driver). Then social distancing might need to be ramped up again later in the year. This will presumably continue until there is either a widely-available vaccine, or widely-available therapeutics.

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

read the comments people have left and decipher.....

thats how i have interpreted it.....

A lot of people can't stand the bloke, me included, but if for no other reason he is likely to have infected others then I doubt very much anyone is pleased to see he has it.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Regardless of anybodies political allegiance or any other difference there may be I just don't get why people are glad someone has got this virus or wishes that someone gets it !!!

Goes against the grain of human decency.

It does not matter who is in charge, some things they will get right, some they will get wrong. They will never please everyone. It's impossible.

Absolutely anyone can get this virus, anyone. 

I agree. For someone who is currently going through it. its disgraceful laughing that he has got it. You obviously havent had it yourself.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ve also got to wait until the last country (probably the USA) has it under control.

I'm hopeful that the % of people that are immune by then makes it quicker than that. 

Has anyone else noticed how loud the birds are singing these days? It turns out that the constant hum from the M3 a mile away and permanent planes going overhead has limited this for us previously. I was on a teams call earlier and all they could bloody hear when I had the window open was a bunch of horny robins.

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

I'm hopeful that the % of people that are immune by then makes it quicker than that. 

Has anyone else noticed how loud the birds are singing these days? It turns out that the constant hum from the M3 a mile away and permanent planes going overhead has limited this for us previously. I was on a teams call earlier and all they could bloody hear when I had the window open was a bunch of horny robins.

I'm directly under the M6, sounds as busy as ever tbh!! 

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So no one?

My reaction to your post is to leave a laughing emoji......thats because generally when people leave that type of reaction they find something funny.

It's not just about peoples comments !!!!

50 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I'd like to know what advice to follow so if anyone can help me please feel free to. 

Asthma UK states that I should isolate for 14 days if I have Coronavirus but the UK.gov website says 7 days. Which am I supposed to follow? 

I'm supposed to be one of the shielded folks due to the inhaler I take for my Asthma - as per the Asthma UK website. I've heard nothing. If I've had Coronavirus does that mean I don't need to be shielded? I haven't had a test so what if I don't get shielded, that puts me at risk, right? Surely I should be shielded until its proved I had the virus? 

They need to be more clear with the advice. 

Was in the same boat mate, If you live alone its 7 days, However If you live with someone then everyone in that household including you now has to isolate for 14 days.

Edited by Kingman

39 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Regardless of anybodies political allegiance or any other difference there may be I just don't get why people are glad someone has got this virus or wishes that someone gets it !!!

Goes against the grain of human decency.

It does not matter who is in charge, some things they will get right, some they will get wrong. They will never please everyone. It's impossible.

Absolutely anyone can get this virus, anyone. 

I agree, Everyone except Mat HanCock!.. Oh wait a minute! 

30 minutes ago, Awol said:

There’s only two permanent exits: a vaccine or herd immunity. 

Strictly speaking there is a third option but let’s not think of that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Matt Hancock positive too. 

Edit: Meaning he has Coronavirus, not a sunny disposition. 

And just in case my reaction gets misconstrued, I was definitely laughing at the 'not a sunny disposition' comment. :)

Just popped to local shop for some supplies, first venture out of my street for about 10 days.

Feel a bit like I was cheating. Went in, got everything I needed and even picked up a Costa :D 

Queue to pay was quite long due to the spacing but only took a couple of minutes to get to the front. As it wasn’t a super market it could have been cheaper but worth it for the convenience.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Â