Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Jon said:

Number of deaths will go up for next few days.  Death rate hopefully shouldn't, unless we run out of ventilators etc. 

And if the social distancing and lockdown works effectively, number of deaths should start to fall back after a couple of weeks too. That's the theory anyway ...

Don’t worry about lack of ventilators, they’re sorted. Plenty of govt ministers on the record saying they’ve placed orders, we’ve now got 12,000 with thousands more imminent.

Unless our government is lying to us of course.

Friend of mine on Facebook said his wife (a nurse) has had a text message telling her that she must remove her lanyard after her shift as people are stealing then (presumably to get free free drinks and jump the supermarket queue). Absolute scum.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Friend of mine on Facebook said his wife (a nurse) has had a text message telling her that she must remove her lanyard after her shift as people are stealing then (presumably to get free free drinks and jump the supermarket queue). Absolute scum.

Not disputing your telling of this but this stinks of red stickers on gates means gypsies will steal your dog Facebook bullshittery. 

• Like 2

Just now, Seat68 said:

Not disputing your telling of this but this stinks of red stickers on gates means gypsies will steal your dog Facebook bullshittery. 

Literally overheard a conversation yesterday where nextdoor’s daughter was telling her that vitamin C cures Covid but the government are getting it removed from supermarkets and chemists so they can ration it.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's true. 

My wife has had the same warning at her work. 

What kind of piece of shit would steal from someone working in the NHS so they can make shopping a bit easier?

Speaking of which, it's also been said to be more aware if out jogging. Lots of drug addicts rely on shoplifting to fund habits. With that becoming almost impossible they're going to have to target other options. 

Edited by DCJonah

People are stealing lanyards? Not may steal, but people are stealing lanyards? 

Edit. I see one report of attempted theft of ID badges from 2 Lewisham doctors. 

Edited by Seat68

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's true. 

My wife has had the same warning at her work. 

What kind of piece of shit would steal from someone working in the NHS so they can make shopping a bit easier?

My partner been told the same! Probably already mentioned earlier in the thread but people were nicking the hand gel from the hospitals too!!

• Like 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-airport-confirmed-temporary-mortuary-17994323?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Birmingham Airport confirmed as temporary mortuary site to house 1,500 bodies in coronavirus pandemic

Bodies will be treated with the 'utmost dignity and respect', West Midlands Police said in a statement

Edited by leighavfc

5 hours ago, Awol said:

If Boris has got it then there’s a good chance the CMO and CSA have it too. 

This could all get quite interesting! 

Chris Whitty now self-isolating with symptoms. Looks like "interesting" is pulling into the station...

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Jon said:

Number of deaths will go up for next few days.  Death rate hopefully shouldn't, unless we run out of ventilators etc. 

And if the social distancing and lockdown works effectively, number of deaths should start to fall back after a couple of weeks too. That's the theory anyway ...

For sure, but this time next week with 500+ dying each day, it's not going to be accepted, there will have to be a reckoning as to how we got here. 

18 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

My partner been told the same! Probably already mentioned earlier in the thread but people were nicking the hand gel from the hospitals too!!

Yea, 2 weeks ago (when all this shit seemed quite abstract), a nurse got sacked at my Trust for stealing hand gel and selling them on ebay for £34 a pop.

Even nurses and Dr's can be arseholes.

You wanna see some of them trying to park in a car parking space :lol:  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea, 2 weeks ago (when all this shit seemed quite abstract), a nurse got sacked at my Trust for stealing hand gel and selling them on ebay for £34 a pop.

Even nurses and Dr's can be arseholes.

You wanna see some of them trying to park in a car parking space :lol:  

Wtf is wrong with these people! For a nurse to do it too !! I've heard of the alcoholics coming in and drinking it in the past too 🤦🏻‍♂️

It's probably my missus you witnessed parking mate.... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Wtf is wrong with these people! For a nurse to do it too !! I've heard of the alcoholics coming in and drinking it in the past too 🤦🏻‍♂️

It's probably my missus you witnessed parking mate.... 

Honestly, I can't emphasise enough that some of the biggest arseholes I've ever known, also use their hands to plug peoples stab wounds in order to fix them. 

:lol:  It's a funny world.

• Haha 1

I do understand that NHS staff are human and not actually genuine angels, and I do understand that there are horrors out there that would attack anyone in any uniform or in civvies. I know people throw stones at fire personnel and steal from ambulances. All that is a given.

But as mentioned up stream, is there actual evidence of an increase in muggings for lanyards in order to get in to Tesco an hour early? That’s the specific thing I really really hope I’m right to be sceptical about.

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Honestly, I can't emphasise enough that some of the biggest arseholes I've ever known, also use their hands to plug peoples stab wounds in order to fix them. 

:lol:  It's a funny world.

Yeah she says the same too!! I hear many stories from her and family members that make you shudder! It really is a funny world mate 😂

Edited by leighavfc

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

It's crazy but the only way we can be safe from it, is to have it. But then we are back to herd immunity.

I just spoke with my GP and asked him if I would still need to be shielded for 12 weeks if I have had the virus, he said that there is no proof to suggest we can't get it more than once so it would be best for me to self-isolate at home for the 12 weeks. He said there is also the fact that I haven't been tested so can't take that risk that this wasn't the virus although, he says he's pretty certain it is as I have the symptoms. 

I asked the GP to prescribe me a drug called Relenza. The creator of that drug did so with a pandemic in mind but you can only get it on prescription. The GP said he cannot do that as they do not just prescribe antivirals willy nilly. I asked how people are supposed to get it then and he said it depended on individual circumstances. That sounds dodgy to me. 

• Like 1

Â