Generic Virus Thread

villakram

ExCel Centre in London to be converted in days into a field hospital with initial 500 beds. NHS led, military in support. Other sites to follow across the UK. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was right to be fearful but not as bad as I thought.

The good news is I'm working from home from now

The bad news is I've had my hours cut in half

Thats for the next 28 days sod knows after that

Could have been worse, 18 lower waged staff let go today, all under 2 years service, there will be more in the not too distant future I'm pretty sure

Not really something to ‘like’, but I did anyway.

We let the four newest go end of last week. Some went in a blaze of glory others were quieter. The two that were quieter were re-employed Friday evening. Sometimes its best not to burn bridges.

It’s pay day for us next Monday, I think that’ll be a big day here, £50,000 of earned and invoiced fees That were due haven’t been paid to us by large construction firms. That’s well over half of what we need to do payroll.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Not really something to ‘like’, but I did anyway.

We let the four newest go end of last week. Some went in a blaze of glory others were quieter. The two that were quieter were re-employed Friday evening. Sometimes its best not to burn bridges.

It’s pay day for us next Monday, I think that’ll be a big day here, £50,000 of earned and invoiced fees That were due haven’t been paid to us by large construction firms. That’s well over half of what we need to do payroll.

No point in burning bridges, I understand the dilema of the company. Revenue has fallen by 75%, the owners were already taking no wages (and they all earn them). For me, today showed that they do want to keep me coming out the other side

I can make savings and tbh the money I normally pay each week (to someone else) to rent a car won't be coming out as I've come to an arrangement, or in fact he told me not to pay anything as I'm useful to him for inside trade info (not in an illegal way - all above board, full knowledge of my employers), so when I take that into consideration and the lack of travelling, the next four weeks should be ok

I was called in with one other manager, on the way up he asked me what I thought, I told him I was glad we were beiing seen together, I don't think he clicked on at the time but he did by the time we came out.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, firstly, nobody is saying 'be housebound for the rest of your life'. This is day 1 in the UK. What Trump is suggesting, now, whilst we aren't even at peak, will kill hundreds of thousands, needlessly.

Secondly, it isn't just about you. You might not care but many others do.

You could be spreading it, without knowing to people who are vulnerable.

It's an incredibly selfish mindset to be honest. This is bigger than me or you.

I'm not disputing that we shouldn't be doing everything possible right now - as I am doing, I've barely left the house in over a week now.

But if in 3 months we get another directive saying that we need to spend another 3 months self isolating, well then I think that's the point at which I'd start weighing up what's actually worse.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

But if in 3 months we get another directive saying that we need to spend another 3 months self isolating, well then I think that's the point at which I'd start weighing up what's actually worse.

The point is, it isn't a choice between 'stay locked inside or get it'

It's 'stay locked inside or risk spreading it to vulnerable people and kill 100000s'

35 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m not massively bothered about you dying.

More concerned about you killing my mum or my kids.

It's okay, I have no plans to visit Barry so they're safe from big bad me.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

The point is, it isn't a choice between 'stay locked inside or get it'

It's 'stay locked inside or risk spreading it to vulnerable people and kill 100000s'

Well if this carries on at the rate it's going there won't be many vulnerable people left to worry about will there?

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well if this carries on at the rate it's going there won't be many vulnerable people left to worry about will there?

Well hopefully isolating will do the trick 

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's okay, I have no plans to visit Barry so they're safe from big bad me.

I understand the sentiment, and I reckon if you trawl back through the thread far enough you’d see similar from me back at the start.

But it does have the feel of saying we will have a price point at which the sick and the elderly, our parents and our vulnerable will be expendable.

Would we wage a defensive war against Russia, up to a certain budget? 

What happens when we allow 300,000 of the least productive die and then the bloody thing mutates and come after middle aged blokes with a BMI of 30? That’s me get the hero’s send off as I’ve hit the price point?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

And the clear messaging was going so well. They nearly managed a whole day.

They never learn do they. This whole last 2 weeks has seen a constant flow of indecisiveness and mixed messages. It perhaps wouldn't usually matter too much but now it is genuinely costing lives and potentially thousands of them.

It makes you wonder if their heart isn't really in the course of action they claim to be following.

Edited by markavfc40

Â