Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

MOT on my car is up in 3 weeks, are all garages closed/closing?

My mother has/had her car booked in for tomorrow so I'll at least know whether that particular garage is. I'll post an update sometime in the morning.

• Like 1

morrisons starting food boxes £35, seem to remember suggesting this a week or so ago...

https://www.morrisons.com/food-boxes/

Things to expect inside this box

Our boxes contain a selection of items based on our current availability of products, therefore we are unable to specify exact contents of each box. You will however receive a variety of different foods in each box. Typically this box should feed 2 adults for one week

A typical box may include:

Canned baked beans, soup and pasta sauceMilkDairy products such as butter and cheeseBreadRice and pastaMeat products, such as sausage, bacon and cooked meatVegetables, such as potatoes, carrots and onionsFresh meat such as chicken or beefEssential household items

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, snowychap said:

My mother has/had her car booked in for tomorrow so I'll at least know whether that particular garage is. I'll post an update sometime in the morning.

I bought my used car from Ford and in the deal I get MOT guarantee, but given the circumstances I might just have to take it anywhere that’s open. Thanks for the update though.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Sports direct have said tonight they intend to keep their stores open because they believe they are “uniquely well placed to help keep the UK as fit and healthy as possible during this crisis” Apparently they think they can do this within the governments social distancing guidelines.

They are another Wetherspoons sticking their fingers in their ears.

• Like 3

So I have just got timed at 2140 an e-mail from CEO of Currys/PC World telling me stores will remain open as long as “safe as possible”.

This is not what Boris said earlier.

12 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

So I have just got timed at 2140 an e-mail from CEO of Currys/PC World telling me stores will remain open as long as “safe as possible”.

This is not what Boris said earlier.

Boris was clear that electrical stores will close, which maybe in response to Dixons claiming their business was key. 

I believe Newark (their main warehouse is closed tomorrow)

Looks like that tweet that Trump retweeted earlier had it right judging by the press conference.

Edit:

Grauniad live page

Major theme of this press conference: Trump wants to get the American economy going again as soon as possible, and is not open to the idea of restrictive public health measures going on for months.

Asked what he would do if, a week from now, public health experts asked him to extend public health restrictions, Trump said, “We’ll see what happens.”

Later, Trump said that very soon “we’re going to be opening up our country.”

Asked by a reporter if that meant “weeks or months,” Trump s aid, “I’m not looking at months, I can tell you right now.”

Edited by snowychap
  • Sad 1

Twitter rammed with people writing in something like English about how they’ll still be going out with their mates. 

Police in London are going to have a great time with these scrotes over the next few weeks. 

surprising amount of things that can currently stay open, Evans cycles are staying open despite having a huge online business & seems that they are perfectly entitled to, In fact so important are they that they make the list twice.;)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874732/230320_-_Revised_guidance_note_-_finalVF.pdf

Supermarkets and other food shops, health shops, pharmaciesincluding non-dispensing pharmacies, petrol stations, bicycle shops, home and hardware shops,laundrettes and dry cleaners, bicycle shops, garages, car rentals,pet shops, corner shops, newsagents, post offices, and banks

Nearly every job on there is minimum wage, with plenty of zero hour contracts thrown in. Who would have thought that the little people are the most important :)

Think boris must have one of these posters on his wall with his exercise/bicycle obsession

RiXAr9h.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

News suggesting it won’t be called “lockdown” but will effectively be one. 

The impression I get is the government seem determined to somehow do this differently to everyone else in the world. 

Even now they’re probably locking us down, it feels like they want to be able to turn around at the end and say “and we did it without a lockdown!”

The impression i got 3 weeks ago is the government wants to save £8 billion in the pension pot with herd immunity! 

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I know I might be banging on about this but if they are going to class us as a key worker then they'll just sit on their hands and keep us in the office and won't be in any rush to get us working from home at all

Mate, Just invoke "The Work  Safe Procedure" 

Job Stops till re-assessed, Simples!.. 

Â